Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gibson financial troubles (from Jazz Guitar Forum)

Fred_C

Following up on our ongoing discussions regarding the viability of Gibson instruments there is a very interesting thread on the Jazz Guitar Forum regarding current financial concerns at Gibson. Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/guitar-amps-gizmos/50598-financial-troubles-gibson.html

BTW: The JGF has a very interesting sub-forum called Guitars Amps and GizmosYou can find it at www.jazzguitar.be Like the GPF, you don't need to register to read the posts.

If you play cool, you are cool.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting stuff Fred! I hope Gibson reads the information on the guitar forum(s) that are out here, as I think they could really use the information. For the most part, I see players having negative comments on the robot tuning system and on the prices along with some QC issues. I think Gibson should concentrate on putting out some good guitars in the $2,000 or less price range. Once they go above that price, I think they have fewer and fewer buyers out there that can afford their guitars. There is nothing wrong with having very expensive guitars for the pros, highly talented and collectors, but I think most of their line is above my pay grade... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

"Kevin Cassidy, Moodys senior credit officer, expressed concerns about Gibsons upcoming debt obligations, including a $36 million payment due in December of this year and another $62 million due in December 2017. "

Don't be surprised if you see some incredible sales going on with Gibson products towards the end of this year.

I rock; therefore, I am.

They did release the scaled back American made faded studio and tribute LPs earlier this year. From what I've seen and heard, they're selling well and getting good reviews. Both are selling for less than $1,000.
"Let me stand next to your fire!", Jimi Hendrix

Archived