Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

1,000 Posts! Party Time!

Lindaru

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey congratulations Linda!! :)

And you seem to have turned a different colour - I hardly recognised you. You will have to let me know what the weather is like up there at the top of the post count mountain: I will not attempt to keep up with you.....

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Don't ever post again. :poke::cop:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Congratulations, Linda! Now that you're Platinum, could you manage a small loan for one of the 'little people'? ;)
Casio PX-5S, Korg Kronos 61, Omnisphere 2, Ableton Live, LaunchKey 25, 2M cables

Aw, we should pool some cash and get her a MiniBrute as a prize. Keyboards are a bit anal-retentive by nature, which is, IMO, part of why the keys person often does so much writing and/or arranging in a group. Good polyphony can lead to the propensity to orchestrate, at least to some degree. So 1000 posts partly suggest that you have better focus than many people and IIRC, you have 2 kids, so as a mom, you have to step lively or they will savage you. Its a natural partnership. I wonder why more women aren't keyboardists, since they see cross-connections in ways that make most men look as if they are peeling bananas with their feet. :keynana:

"Well, the 60s were fun, but now I'm payin' for it."
        ~ Stan Lee, "Ant-Man and the Wasp"

Today I reached 1,000 posts.

Well, you know, Lindaru, the house rules state that at 1,000 posts you buy everyone a round of their choosing, right?

So guys, what's it gonna be? Lindaru's buying! :laugh:

Congrats my friend! Glad to have you here!

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I held on to the 1,000 as long as I could, but you know me . . . cannot stay quiet for long!

Yes!

For everyone!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Platinum feels good but remember, you gold members still shine brightly!

Thanks for all of the faboo fire works, too!

I am busy cloning post points but we have a short growing season. Will get them to you when I can.

:roll:

The MiniBrute is adorable. Yes, my Roland and MicroKORG children would love to have a new little brother or sister.

Jim says to make it the perfect trinity, it would have to be a Moog.

Party on and thanks, everyone!

Yes, I do have a life. I just forgot where I put it is all.

:roll:

Late to the party as usual :pop:

Linda,

Congratulations! I also know that if it weren't for minikeys you would only be around 730 give or take :facepalm:

Always great to have you here, there, and everywhere.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Thanks, you guys, and yes, Jake!

I could not look my MicroKORG in the screen if I did not stand up for its right to party! :D:laugh:

I love me some Korg and have for years. Y'know what I see/hear all too rarely? Someone who chooses a solid controller and uses these teeny synths as *modules.* Its seemingly divided between people with a table full of Volcas, who see keys as mere triggers; those who sidestep the matter by going largely all-Mainstage; and those who hate minikeys no matter what. I'd be far more prone to buy some of the recent doo-dads if they had NO keys, as one of my fondest earlier periods consisted of a Korg DW8000, a Roland Juno-1 and a Mirage rack sampler. I rocked! If you dig into the editor and make it bark a little louder, a MicroKorg can easily create the same disbelief people feel at seeing the Casio label on a PX5S while hearing this huge sound envelope 'em. Yes, you too can scare the kids and delight your friends. So what sort of prize should we award for a 2000th post...? An actual ConBrio manual? :/

"Well, the 60s were fun, but now I'm payin' for it."
        ~ Stan Lee, "Ant-Man and the Wasp"

Congrats Linda. :thu:

Your post count here took a hit due to the detour when the lights went off temporarily. :laugh:

Thankfully, you jumped right back into the fray. I"m glad you're here. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived