Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

It's in the works, a pill to extend life.

Most people here are under 50ish years old.

So you have a good chunk of life left to live out naturally.

Say you could take a pill to extend your life to 200 years; would you take it?

Knowing that you were part of the first generation of people to try it, all tests were good but you just never know.

The sooner you take it, the longer you live.

Whaddoya think?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, if it somehow freezes you around, say, 30 years of age, that'd be great! Lemme know when it's out! :D

Originally posted by Philter:

If you severely restrict your caloric intake you can extend your life fairly dramatically. The problem is, you have to severely restrict you caloric intake, and is that really a life worth living?

i would rather die fat and happy!

i aint giving up my Porterhouse steak!

scott

I don't know.

This brings up several other questions.

1) If you were the only one in your family that tried this, how would you feel about burying your children?

2) Do you really want to live in the world of 2150 A.D. ?

3) Will you be around for a few great plagues and a few world wars??

4) Will you be in an exhibit as the "Oldest Living Person"

5) What will your quality of life be like.

6) Will your SOCIAL SECURITY run out?

dAN

http://musicinit.com/pvideos.html

Extend my life? Well, according to my SPAMmail, they seem to have a pill to extend everything else...

It's already too late for me, I'm about to enter geezerhood, but all ou young pups out there, think hard (and take THAT pill too!)

If they can extend life, the first one they'll extend is the Bushwhacker. Do you really want to live 200 years under HIS thumb?

Dasher

It's all about the music. Really. I just keep telling myself that...

The Soundsmith

Originally posted by Dasher:

Extend my life? Well, according to my SPAMmail, they seem to have a pill to extend everything else...

It's already too late for me, I'm about to enter geezerhood, but all ou young pups out there, think hard (and take THAT pill too!)

If they can extend life, the first one they'll extend is the Bushwhacker. Do you really want to live 200 years under HIS thumb?

Dasher

I suppose one would always have the option of jumping head first off a building into a large pile revved up chain saws.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:p4zYKEpIJyMJ:web.usf.edu/~honors/current/StudentWebs/florida/northeast/pictures/Fountain%2520of%2520Youth%2520sign.jpg

Joe Pine (60's talk show host who sported a wooden leg) to Frank Zappa -- "So, with your long hair, I guess that makes you a woman." Frank Zappa's response -- "So, with your wooden leg, I guess that makes you a table."

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2001&alid=-1

Just freeze me now and let me wake-up when everyone has at least a 100 IQ. :idea:

Or, at least when everyone drinks BEER, the fountain of tolerance, yes I love you all, I love you, yes, gulp, gulp, gulp.................life is so WoNdErFuLl!!!!!!!!!!

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Originally posted by pseudonym:

Just freeze me now and let me wake-up when everyone has at least a 100 IQ. :idea:

Or, at least when everyone drinks BEER, the fountain of tolerance, yes I love you all, I love you, yes, gulp, gulp, gulp.................life is so WoNdErFuLl!!!!!!!!!!

if beer is the fountain of tolerance, then what the hell is ecstacy?

no life extension for me please... i cant even keep to deadlines with my OWN album so imagine how much id procrastinate in everything else if i knew i wasnt going to die in a "normal" period of time...

"whats that? wash myself? have a baby? WASH MYSELF? forget it... ive got centuries for that shit..."

This is a terrible idea!

Imagine the consequences:

1) Huge hoards of Winnebagos and lead-sled-mobiles cluttering the interstate highway system at 15 mph. (sort of like driving in some parts of Florida...)

2) Union jobs get even more entrenched: "You can't threaten me, peckerhead! I have 166 years of seniority!"

3) Everbody OLD! and UGLY!

4) No housing, jobs, or opportunity for anyone under 100 years old.

Just think about it.

There is a time to live. There is a time to die. Both of these are a part of having a life.

I think it's just some nasty chemical that can mess-up you're mind. But if you got a "hot" date with a "cool" chick and she likes to do that stuff, it may not be such a bad thing on a limited basis. Remember "moderation". :idea:
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Originally posted by Raymar:

No pill is going to help you if you're trashing your health with cigarettes, alcohol, junk food, drugs and lack of exercise.

damn it!

Originally posted by pseudonym:

I think it's just some nasty chemical that can mess-up you're mind. But if you got a "hot" date with a "cool" chick and she likes to do that stuff, it may not be such a bad thing on a limited basis. Remember "moderation". :idea:
heh heh. well all joking aside no pills or chems for me. my music leans towards the club/rave scene and i just wouldnt have the self-drive if i was indulging to the extent of some of my peers.

rather then a long life pill, id just love one that replaced sleep. not a stimulant, just a pill that replicated the roll that "sleep" has on our equilibrium/rhythms with no associated health risks or compromises.

Archived