Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Seelake Audiostation - VST rack for live use.

Bachus

This might be the best you can get when you want to take VSt's out on stage..

http://www.seelake.com/en/as-overview.html

They got a great review on Gemran Music website Bonedo.de

Its much more advanced then the Muse receptor.. its not only host, its also a fullfledged Mixer with high end audio connections, lots of Midi and because its running on Windows, you can even add your favourite DAW and other Windows Music related software

Somehow, these guys fail at marketing their product as noboddy knows about it... Hardly any video's and tutorials out there.

I am posting this on several places, because these guys deserve some attention for their great product.

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha Tyros5 (76), Integra 7, macbook pro/mainstage

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is only a great and under recognised product if embedded XP and 32 bit only VST's are your idea of cutting edge.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

It is only a great and under recognised product if embedded XP and 32 bit only VST's are your idea of cutting edge.

Its windows 7 and 64 bits with support for both 32 and 64 bits with an upgrade comming to windows 10 in the next few months..

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bonedo.de%2Fartikel%2Feinzelansicht%2Fworkshop-software-fuer-live-keyboarder-5-seelake-audiostation.html

Here is the translation of the article on the bonedo.de website

A technology company that cannot keep it's website up to date?

from Seelake Support

"Which is AudioStation operative system? In which way it is specific for real-time digital audio?

It is an "embedded" operative system, built ad-hoc to optimize processing of real-time audio signals. It is built around the kernel (the heart) of Microsoft Windows XP: this fact also ensure the compatibility with the widest possible range of 32-bit plugins and audio software."

Windows 7 is coming real soon?

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

A technology company that cannot keep it's website up to date?

from Seelake Support

"Which is AudioStation operative system? In which way it is specific for real-time digital audio?

It is an "embedded" operative system, built ad-hoc to optimize processing of real-time audio signals. It is built around the kernel (the heart) of Microsoft Windows XP: this fact also ensure the compatibility with the widest possible range of 32-bit plugins and audio software."

Windows 7 is coming real soon?

why dont you click the link i supported click specs and read...

Windows 7 been around some time now... Windows 10 is comming soon.

Yeah it does say win7 64-bit on the website now.

I looked at this a while back.

The Receptor definitely has knocks against it for its plugin compatibility (despite running some very good ones), so having Win 7 at the core is attractive.

Slimmed down Win 7, built-in host, handful of MIDI audio I/o... All in one box. Sure.

I make software noises.

Bachus, I did click on the main page first. I was searching initially for info on the VST host software and then went to support and found the info I quoted. Their 'News' link most recent post was 2 years ago.

They claim to have a unique range of functionality, but one has to sceptical to accept they have equaled or bettered Cantabile or Forte in VST hosting, and got everything else working but not bothered to update the other pages on their site for two years and have no ecommerce functionality.

When you say this is great product have you actually used it? To me it has all the hallmarks of crowd funded project without any money. Happy to be proved wrong.

Bachus, I did click on the main page first. I was searching initially for info on the VST host software and then went to support and found the info I quoted. Their 'News' link most recent post was 2 years ago.

They claim to have a unique range of functionality, but one has to sceptical to accept they have equaled or bettered Cantabile or Forte in VST hosting, and got everything else working but not bothered to update the other pages on their site for two years and have no ecommerce functionality.

When you say this is great product have you actually used it? To me it has all the hallmarks of crowd funded project without any money. Happy to be proved wrong.

Test on 2 german websites confirm that their interface works better then both Cantabile and Forte, one of those tests is linked above..

Bonedo.de is a professional website renown for their reliable reviews..

This might be the best you can get when you want to take VSt's out on stage..

http://www.seelake.com/en/as-overview.html

They got a great review on Gemran Music website Bonedo.de

Its much more advanced then the Muse receptor..

I´ve read it in german.

Actually, the "issue" for keyboardplayers is the concept of that machine which was designed to serve a band,- each musician using his own channel strip exclusively.

So, the basic idea was, a keyboardist uses ONE channelstrip only as does a guitar player, bass player, e-drummer and vocalist and so on.

OTOH, it´s worth observing the developement/evolution because they might change that concept after that test.

But as always, the questions are "WILL THEY ?" and "WHEN ?" ...

Actually there are a lot of things you cannot do with a Receptor, but there are also some where Receptor is still better.

With the Audiostation, the preset storage system, devided into patches and performances, actually is what it is.

The disadvantages come from what´s (which parameters) been stored into a patch and what´s been stored (global) into a performance.

When they change that behaviour "some day" the machine might be worth a try.

Seems the preload feature doesn´t work w/ NI Kontakt.

That´s s##t because NI Kontakt is one of the most important plugins for a keyboardplayer live.

A.C.

Archived