Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ISO Kurzweil ROM4-26 Vintage Electric Piano for K2600

JP Roccaforte

I own a Kurzweil K2600xs and I'm looking to find the Vintage Electric Piano ROM board (RM4-26) that was released in 2004. I know, this is some old gear but my K2600 is still running great and I'd love to load these EP sounds into it. I have looked on the web including ebay but I haven't had any luck finding one of these. I'm hoping someone here on the forum has one of these old ROM boards kicking around that they don't need any more. Please let me know if you do.

Thanks!

JP

John Paul Roccaforte

jproccaforte@gmail.com

1959 Hammond B3 organ w/ Leslie 122; 1977 Rhodes Mark I 73-key Stage Piano; Kurzweil K2600xs; Everett Acoustic Piano; Scandalli Accordian; Hohner Melodica

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Well look at that, there it is! Looks like this may be a new listing; I didn't see one available when I looked recently. Thanks for the heads up Joe. Do you know if this is a fair price? I believe I'm going to also need to purchase a Kurzweil K2600 RMB-26 Expansion Daughterboard which looks to cost at least $125. It seems like there's not too many of these out there so essentially, the market price might be whatever the seller is asking. Thanks again for the lead!

JP

John Paul Roccaforte

jproccaforte@gmail.com

1959 Hammond B3 organ w/ Leslie 122; 1977 Rhodes Mark I 73-key Stage Piano; Kurzweil K2600xs; Everett Acoustic Piano; Scandalli Accordian; Hohner Melodica

Yup, whatever the market will bear is the price you're going to pay. Are you sure you need the Daughterboard? If your K2600 has either the Contemporary ROM block (factory programs 800-899) and/or the Orchestral ROM block (factory programs 900-999) then that daughterboard is already in there. Quite a few K2600s were sold with those already installed.

The Vintage Keys block is great and well worth adding to a 2600, although bear in mind that those samples are already built in to any PC3. On the other hand I find the "Triple Strike" ROM block 3 to be completely pointless. It just sounds like the same piano to my ears.

My pleasure.

In the US, all 2600's came with both ROM Blocks. (Right from the Kurz site: "The K2600/2661 both ship with the Contemporary and Orchestral ROM blocks included") unless you bought it used and the seller removed them to get the money for selling them separately. So you should have the daughter card and ROM Blocks.

As to its worth: no idea- I've never owned a 2600, and am now quite happy with my 2000VP upped to K2VX status to fulfill my Kurz lust.

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Thanks TechEverlasting - I will open up my 2600 tonight and check to see if I have the daughterboard installed. I don't believe that I have the Contemporary or Orchestral ROM block programs but it sounds like new 2600's came with them installed. I bought the instrument new in 2001 so hopefully I'll get lucky and won't have to spend more for the daughterboard. Thanks for the info!

JP

John Paul Roccaforte

jproccaforte@gmail.com

Thanks Joe - This is good news. I'll open up the Kurz tonight and hope that the daughterboard is in there. Thanks again for the info!

JP

John Paul Roccaforte

jproccaforte@gmail.com

Opened up the K2600 tonight...no luck...no daughterboard. I guess not all brand new K2600's had it installed? Looks like there are some listed at ebay though so that's good.

JP

John Paul Roccaforte

jproccaforte@gmail.com

If the 2600 series was like the PC2 series in the US, original introduction was without any added ROMs or board for them. The added ROMs as part of the base instrument came later in production (perhaps they were lower priced then). The 2661 always included the Orchestral and Contemporary ROMs, and also had GeneralMIDI built in, but production on the 2661 was later than the 76 and 88 key 2600s.

I did own a 2000VP and 2661, and still own a PC2 and PC2X. For that matter, the older PC2s and 2600s were purple in color, replaced by black in the later versions.

Maybe the one that you have did originally have the board and ROMs, maybe it has never had them. If you have trouble finding a particular part, there are a couple of folk on the various Kurzweil Yahoo Groups that have some parts.

I do still have a couple of external hard drives that will work on K2000, 2500, and 2600 models. One is a 4G with two 2G partitions, the other is a 9G with 4 2G partitions. I also have the cabling needed to connect them.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Thanks Jim - I bought my K2600 new in May of 2001 and have been the sole owner so I know that the ROM expansion daughterboard has not been removed. Perhaps the one I have was part of that initial run you mentioned that didn't have the boards installed. I'm not exactly sure when the K2600 was initially released but I believe the additional ROM blocks were released in 2004. You mentioned price, from what I understand the ROM boards were originally priced at about $300...and that still seems to be the high end of the going rate today. I'm not sure how much the daughterboard went for originally.

I like the purple color, it's actually pretty subtle and usually blends in with stage lights in my opinion.

Thanks for the Yahoo Groups suggestion, I'll check that out.

JP

John Paul Roccaforte

jproccaforte@gmail.com

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this after-market product in the upper left corner of this webpage?:

http://sampler-expansions.dxp.pl/

This newly manufactured item has all four ROM blocks in one board and does not require the RM26 Daughterboard, it just plugs into where the daughterboard would normally go I guess; price is $250 plus $6 shipping from Poland. This is way cheaper than the old ROM boards go for today.

Does it sound to-good-to-be-true? Too risky?

JP

John Paul Roccaforte

jproccaforte@gmail.com

Archived