Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A bit of a morbid poll...

Originally posted by flyscots:

Cremation and scattering for me too, after organ donation, although that reduces the chances of being ressurected.

For those who adhere to a belief of resurrection, I seriously doubt that if there happens to be a God who can create a universe, reassembling a body from some scattered bits would be difficult. If that is indeed what resurrection is. I happen to believe, and I think we just get a whole new duplicate body, but better, ya know...like if your old one had a clubfoot or one arm shorter than the other, it won't happen with the new one.

I don't mind the idea of an urn. I thought I would, but I don't. I'm one of those people who feel a need for memorials of some sort, some sort of place where one can feel they're close to their departed loved ones. Just a matter of preference. I want one made of select hardwoods, like some cool wood that you'd see on a cool guitar, some birdseye maple and what not...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go along with the cremation-urn selection, not to be placed on the mantel, but buried with other family members. I agree with those who feel it is best to give remaining family and friends a place to visit the departed.

I'm not a particularly religious person, but I would like to believe in an afterlife. I'm an organ donor, but I don't feel that having organs removed or being cremated hurts your chances of making it to the other side if there is one.

My gear: http://fendercaster.freeservers.com/guit3.html

If you own two Lexus cars, do you have Lexi?

Originally posted by cg1155:

having pariticpated in what is done to bodies donated to medical schools, make sure you give that some very serious thought. I wouldn't do it.

Casey

Yeah, I'm sure it's not something most of us would like to think of.

But, the fact remains, med schools need corpses. In days of old, graverobbers used to dig up fresh corpses for medical study. Nowadays, people donate their bodies.

I'm much happier having a surgeon operate on me who has had plenty of practice on cadavers. :D

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I think if you get resurrected, you get to take your eyes or heart or whatever back from the recipient.

Not so much a "donor" program as a "loaner" program.

I'll tell ya what, though..... if part of my body goes to save the life of a dying smoker and they continue smoking.....I'm coming back in spirit form to retrieve my goodies. That's just disrespectful.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

The closest thing to what I'd want for myself, there in the multiple-choice selections of your poll, was "buzzards".

Personally, after any and all organs of any benefit to anyone are taken, I want to be either buried in an unmarked grave beneath the roots of a fine, big old tree far out in a forest, or left high-up on a lashed-timber platform, likewise far out in a forest. Sans embalming treatments, of course! I want to return to the elements!

So, Tedster... what brought this on, anyways? Just curious...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

I want to be either buried in an unmarked grave beneath the roots of a fine, big old tree far out in a forest, or left high-up on a lashed-timber platform, likewise far out in a forest.

I was thinking of something like a native American style "burial" also, but I guess it's too unsanitary and is outlawed these days.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Archived