Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hung Gets Deal

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He got this deal largely because of my avatar, you know...it brings people good luck. Afro Ken got big, and now this.

Now that I know that I wield this kind of power, I shall use it responsibly and wisely, so please don't worry.

I knew he could do it. That's what drive is all about. Go for what you really want! I hope he goes out with Britney Spears as a result of him hitting the big time. Justin Timberlake will be so jealous!

Michael Oster

F7 Sound and Vision

ReGurgiTron - still can\'t get a record deal. oh, yeh, he doesn\'t want one.

Maybe you can do some remixes of the guy (although quite a few have already taken a crack at this! ).

Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows:

Maybe you can do some remixes of the guy (although quite a few have already taken a crack at this! ).

I guess that would be one way in... but I'll be honest Ken: I don't think there is enough technology out there to make Wm's voice not get on my nerves during the long remix session that I am sure would be required to make his work into anything that I would put my stamp on. :)

yet another reason why I hate (Cal)Berkeley....and the music industry. And for this reason alone, I never want to hear anyone bitch about Britney's voice!!!

though he did get a WHOPPING 25k for a record deal AND a video. I'm sure that'll be an Avid editing job :P

Something tells me having the word "Hung" in his name may have sealed the deal. Lock up you're pre-teen daughters!

Also, I think he might fill the void left by that Iron Maiden guy who died.

Now that I know that I wield this kind of power, I shall use it responsibly and wisely, so please don't worry.

Yes Ken, only use your powers for good....never for evil.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

THis is a prime example against that oh so often claim that Brittany Spears, n'Sync, and all the other boy bands have no talent and are basically industry creations. I guess what it took is a REAL no-talent whack to prove that statement wrong.

He apparently has no idea how bad he is. People love him just like they loved the "Star Wars Kid." He'll make a few waves for a month or two, then the public will get tired of the joke and move on. I hope he doesn't drop out of school for this.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

Originally posted by Hendmik:

THis is a prime example against that oh so often claim that Brittany Spears, n'Sync, and all the other boy bands have no talent and are basically industry creations. I guess what it took is a REAL no-talent whack to prove that statement wrong.

He apparently has no idea how bad he is. People love him just like they loved the "Star Wars Kid." He'll make a few waves for a month or two, then the public will get tired of the joke and move on. I hope he doesn't drop out of school for this.

that's my only real issue with this whole thing. Forget the "are they laughing WITH you or AT you." He thinks they aren't laughing but CHEARING him on. If/when he finds out the truth, it could be a real shocking moment... :rolleyes: sad...

Originally posted by DJDM:

I guess that would be one way in... but I'll be honest Ken: I don't think there is enough technology out there to make Wm's voice not get on my nerves during the long remix session that I am sure would be required to make his work into anything that I would put my stamp on. :)
Funny! Yeah, it would take some *really* hefty processing to get that to sound good. I dunno - maybe granular synthesis or totally wash it out or cut it up so that it was bearable...? :D

Originally posted by DJDM:

Funny! Yeah, it would take some *really* hefty processing to get that to sound good. I dunno - maybe granular synthesis or totally wash it out or cut it up so that it was bearable...? :D
if there's someone who can do it, my vote would go for BT. I read one interview where he discussed cutting up VOWELS in lyrics to put them back together as new words. His first(?) hit was a remix of Tori Amos' "blue skies," and though the hook is her repeating the above term, she never actually sang either word... :eek:

ReCycle and one hell of a lot of time in the sequencer is how I usually fix stuff that is a little off. But this... :eek:

I'm thinking I would finally have to spring for some auto tune gear and then still spend hours with ReCycle and a sequencer. ;)

As for Wm himself and his relative naïveté? I would say that he is probably pretty much aware of how ridiculous all of this is. But what science guy would not want to ride this out? I mean for craps sake they are giving him his own set of dancers!

I would like my own set of hot dancers, wouldnt you? ;)

Originally posted by F7sound -:

Originally posted by Hanshananigan:

(sorry- dbl post!)

Your avatar was worth your double post.

Michael Oster

F7 Sound and Vision

ReGurgiTron - it\'s ok ladies, there\'s enough to go around.

Thanks! :wave:

I suppose it is possible that he is a paid actor by Fox, or is just totally snowing everyone... and yes, I for one would not mind having an entourage of dancers... :thu:

Archived