Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fake Hotel Check In Names...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorta on-topic:

We played a after-rodeo dinner/dance at a large hotel in Albuquerque years ago. As we were setting up one of the diners walked up and started bitching and complaining that we were making too much noise (we had no choice but to set up during their dinner, and were being as quiet as possible). It was apparent that he was one of those guys who a) hates music and musicians, and b) always finds something to bitch about everywhere he goes.

Well, he had one of those "Hello, my name is Harry Ashoel" tags on his shirt. After we finished setting up the drummer and I walked up to the front desk of the hotel, and I asked the clerk, "Hello, I'd like a wakeup call for 4 am, we've got a long way to go tomorrow". "Certainly, sir, what is your room number?" I reached into all my pockets then said, "Shoot, my wife has the room key, I'll be right back", and the clerk said, "No problem, sir, what's your name?"

"Harry Ashoel"

"Got you down for 4 am, Mr. Ashoel, enjoy your evening!" Damn drummer almost blew it by laughing right then and there, told the rest of the band, and we had a GREAT gig that night, smilin' the whole while. :D

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Originally posted by Botch.:

It was apparent that he was one of those guys who a) hates music and musicians, and b) always finds something to bitch about everywhere he goes.

Well, he had one of those "Hello, my name is Harry Ashoel" tags on his shirt.

If that's his real name, I'm not surprised he's so bitter! :eek: His childhood must've been fun. :P

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

Originally posted by Sid Viscous:

[QB][/QB]

I'm not trying to be pedantic, but is your handle spelled "Viscous" instead of "Vicious" on purpose?

or am I merely overlooking a clever play on words? Viscous means resistance of flow, sticky, tenacious, gelatinous... either way, it works I guess :freak::P:rolleyes:

I'll shut up now....

Bill Czar Pylinup

0096 2251 2110 8105

Archived