Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your best buy of 2015

Bachus

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My MP11, followed by my used PC361.

Keyboards are just tools, but every now and then something enters the picture and changes the game for you. Real wood, weighted keys helped tremendously, and the sound engine on the Kurzweil is a real treat.

Sundown

Finished: Gateway,  The Jupiter Bluff,  Condensation

Working on: Driven Away, Eighties Crime Thriller

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

My UAD Apollo 8P. I got a really sweet deal and since I registered it yesterday I'll get a free UAD-2 QUAD Satellite DSP Accelerator. And since I can daisy chain it with my older Apollo, I'll have 32 channels of Apollo I/O sweetness and 12 dsp processors... Wonderful!

I don't remember buying anything except the Kronos 2-88.

PS - Yes I got Shure SE215s. I like those better than my old Senneheisers.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Kurzweil K2000VP for $300.

Hardware

Yamaha DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1/Roland VR-760/Hydrasynth Deluxe/

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 5/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX

Reface CS.

I absolutely love the thing!

I can say in advance my best purchase of 2016 will be a YC....and if i can swing it with the wife, maybe also a CP.

Stage: Korg Krome 88.

Home: Korg Kross 61, Yamaha reface CS, Korg SP250, Korg mono/poly Kawai ep 608, Korg m1, Yamaha KX-5

The Roland RD800 for the studio was my biggest purchase in 2015, and I enjoy playing it nearly every day. It has a wonderful and expressive key action, and I love the rich sound.

But I think my best purchase was the QSC K8. It's lighter than my K10 and I feel it sounds better. It has become my go-to amp for rehearsals and gigs. When I need more volume I simply pair them up.

MicroKORG.

I got it for Christmas but I talked about it so much before-hand that I knew he would get the right thing.

I can pop it in the case and take it on the go. Jamming at someone else's house when I can. Jamming here eats electricity like crazy.

:)

I'm kind of favouring the SM PRO V-machine. It allows me to house my VB3 for live performances without having to deal with a laptop.

I also like my Mackie 450 v3. It doesn't get a lot of love around these parts, but it has performed quite well for me in the live - albeit few - situations I've been in lately.

I was also lucky to buy before the CDN dollar went into the toilet. :)

I bought a Yamaha YC. Not the new one, the real deal. YC10 for $75. Not working when I got it, restored it myself. Looks, works, and sounds like a million bucks now!

I also bought a Fender Contempo for $300 that I'm in the process of restoring. That will be my best buy of 2015 when its complete.

No more combo organs after that. Only an A100. Any gear purchases in 2016 synth related, unless of course there's a deal I can't resist. Need to restore my Wurly 112a. We'll see what pops up at NAMM.

1974 Rhodes, CP70B, Polivoks, Dominion 1, Behringer D, Mother 32, DFAM, MS20 Mini, Folktek Mescaline, Nord Lead 2x, KArp Odyssey, Jv1080, Digitakt, Hydrasynth,

I'm very pleased with the open box good deal on a Kawai ES100 last month. I've been without weighted 88's for almost 30 years...EGAD! Quite happy with the dynamics and the action and really like all the adjustable parameters to tweak the piano sounds. Was trying to hold out for an ES8, but this deal was one not to pass up.

Happy new year, everyone.

Archived