Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

M-audio, most popular midi comtroller?

Bachus

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M-Audio - 21.36%

Akai Professional - 13.82%

Native Instruments - 10.31%

Novation - 8.74%

Korg - 5.62%

Yamaha - 5.43%

Ableton - 4.64%

Roland - 4.41%

Alesis - 2.88%

Arturia - 2.29%

Behringer - 1.59%

Nektar - 1.23%

Nord - 0.57%

CME - 0.49%

Keith McMillen - 0.32%

Livid Instruments - 0.23%

Other - 16.07%

Note that "Other" has a bigger percentage than the second most popular.

It makes sense. They're cheap, quite well build, with many dedicated knobs/faders/pads, many of M Audio's models have a dedicated expression pedal input (which is sine a qua non for organ players) and they hold well in gig situations.

They're not ideal to play solo jazz or Rachmaninoff, but most of the "generic" keyboard controller buyer do not play solo jazz or Rachmaninoff either. Plus, most of the same price range controllers are not ideal for this purpose as well.

So for me the M-audio love makes sense. I had several ones in the years and i want to buy a new Axiom to run second keyboard with my Mainstage

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Just got a used Axiom 49 for 69$ at GC...could not resist. My 61 is now useless as both the usb and midi out ports won't work (probably my fault for having too much pressure against midi cable due to a goofy stand set up) but got my money back for it through Guitar Center's 2 year protection program.I get to keep the 61 which will be a parts source. I have been using the Axiom and VB3 for organ in band practice.

Hammonds:1959 M3,1961 A-101,Vent, 2 Leslies,VB3/Axiom,

Casio WK-7500,Yamaha P50m Module/DGX-300

Gig rig:Casio PX-5S/Roland VR-09/Spacestation V3

http://www.petty-larceny-band.com

Whoa...that article is making some brazen assertions from the start:

"Using a mouse or trackpad to control your music software is limiting. "

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

My Axiom 61 (v1) is quite versatile, able to remote control most of the KB3 functions on my PC361. I can set it with 4 MIDI control zones for instant access to 4 Kurz layers.

It would have been nice to have a second footswitch input, but I'll try to be brave.

The other downer is that the clacking keybed is sometimes louder than my home PA speakers. For probably $0.25 US worth of felt, M-audio or their keyboard supplier coulda made a much nicer product.

Hmm. Maybe it's time to get some felt. And a screwdriver.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Ask.audio is one of those sites I don't trust when it comes to a truthful representation of facts.

A short while ago they reviewed the Arturia Keylab 88, a controller with a noisy keybed, and the reviewer of ask.audio praised the controller because it has a 'super-quiet keybed'.

Reading that I could not help but wonder if they get paid by companies because it's a blatant lie, just watch this YouTube clip at 7:45 and judge for yourself.

So when it comes to reliable, truthful info I would not trust that site at all.

Just got a used Axiom 49 for 69$ at GC...could not resist. My 61 is now useless as both the usb and midi out ports won't work (probably my fault for having too much pressure against midi cable due to a goofy stand set up) but got my money back for it through Guitar Center's 2 year protection program.I get to keep the 61 which will be a parts source. I have been using the Axiom and VB3 for organ in band practice.

Just picked it up.. I thought I was buying the first generation Axiom but it ended up being the the second generation Axiom Ignite.. Not bad! I do wish they kept the raised sliders though.

Hammonds:1959 M3,1961 A-101,Vent, 2 Leslies,VB3/Axiom,

Casio WK-7500,Yamaha P50m Module/DGX-300

Gig rig:Casio PX-5S/Roland VR-09/Spacestation V3

http://www.petty-larceny-band.com

This thread reminds me that I need to sell my Evolution MK-461c MIDI controller. It's still brand new, never used even though I bought it prolly 10 years ago. Didn't like the action, never got around to listing it on eBay.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

IIRC, the M-audio BX5's were the most popular brand of monitor. I think generally speaking, M-audio is very good value for your money.

I have a pair of M Audio BX8 D2's hooked up to one of my computers just for listening, not monitoring. Would agree they are good value for the money, nothing more.

:nopity:

Archived