Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

lost sync?

hello.. i have an abit nf7-s motherboard and a terratec ewx2496 audio card. The problem is that when I run the cubase ASIO Multimedia test (asio-mme) it fails tests because of lost sync. What is this? What causes it? The Audio card has its own irq, but shares i/o addresses with "Standard PCI-to-PCI bridge" Again - what's this?

Thanks for any info,

Matej

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there dedicated ASIO drivers for the Terratec? ASIO-mme is sort of a workaround, not a "pure" ASIO. Also try other options, if there's no dedicated ASIO for the card try any of the other available options, including standard MME drivers.

For example, I use the Creamware PowerPulsar system and it lets you use ASIO SCOPE (the dedicated version) as well as two other ASIO variations, both of which are quite slow.

Thanks,

Yes, the Terratec has dedicated drivers, but even when I use them I hear crackles and pops, especially with bigger samples like The Grand. It sounds really horrible although I have an Athlon XP 2500+ Barton with 512mb ram and 2x80gb maxtor sata disks with 8mb buffer (1 disk dedicated to audio and samples).

What could be wrong?

Thanks,

Matej

Archived