Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM 2016, who is going?

zephonic

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be there as well...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I'd love to go .... but I am in need of a pass since the music store I worked for closed in 2013. Or rather changed ownership.

Last year I got a miracle from a forum member. Thank you to that person.

In exchange, I am able to do some hauling or transporting of whatever you might have since I usually take my Toyota Van down there.

Haven't figured out my pass situation for this year. Would love to go as there's tons of gear I'd like to check out.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Although, the guitar and drum vendors love to bring their female eye candy err... mascots? sales associates? cheer leaders? I'm not certain what their roll is - but at times it's reminiscent of a heavy metal comic-con. Maybe they're persuaders? Do they actually get the dealers to purchase more product?

In the keyboard corner, hmmmm - you might run into Jordan Rudess, maybe Dave Smith. No fishnets. Well maybe under their jeans.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I am working on getting NAMM badges, and intend on going. Last year, I had torn meniscus and required surgery, so I didn't go. Looking forward to it this year.

Elmer the only eye candy is from Dean Guitars.

SoCal has caved into the warm and fuzzies.

I work at CES 9 years in a row now. TRIM CITY BRO.

I quit going to NAMM quite a ways back.

Whats worse is the old rockers with their senior citizen wives wearing Spandex..........eeewww.

Last time I went we saw several Stealth Butts wearing black shiney spandex.

One must assume there's a butt somewhere in the back but it's invisible to the human eye...

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Haha. It's been a while. Last NAMM I went to was 2010. I'm itching for some key news. Will there be any new full size key keyboards?

A Motif refresh or new divergent line?

Something from Roland to take the top spot from the Jupiter-80?

Will the revised PX-5S get the touch gui from the 560?

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I wish this thing was real.

http://s6.imagestime.com/out.php/i569068_NS3VB3.jpg

Probably going, I'd be happy to meet up with folks if you can stand my charisma and distinct odor.

Who did I meet at Aspen's booth last year? I didn't post here yet, but he introduced whoever it was like I'd know him from here.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

I'll be there!

Some form of RedKey lounge will take place.

Because I've gone blind and/or stupid, I didn't see this the last couple of times I looked at this thread. But yeah, that would be great. Thank you.

Lemme know if I can bring anything or contribute. Hopefully it's our customary Friday evening.

Would like to demo the Montage.

'Alien technology. The likes of which have never been seen before in a musical instrument.'

If they can just get it done in time.

However this note from Richard Devine is a bit disconserting when I think back to my experiences with my first DX.

Usually when I work with a company for instance Im working with Yamaha on a project right now; I cant say what it is, but its pretty crazy. This synthesizer has new technology thats never been implemented before, so its totally alien to anything Ive ever used. Ive had to spend a few weeks just understanding the architecture of it.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Archived