Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What was the last...,

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hrmm...

I know this is all cliche-like, but in TTT, where Frodo nearly slays Sam in a fit of `ring intoxication', but after he comes to his senses and realises what a schmuck he was, and Sam lays that whole "remember when we were kids/stories we used to love/the heroes didn't know they were heroes" type of thing, that just really got me. Like so bad that i didn't even realise my eyes were gushing until my shirt was soaked.

ROTK pressed the whole tear-jerking thing at the end, and i didn't fall for it so much. But the section above (in TTT) was lifted verbatim from the book.

I'd say another was The Green Mile. I cried through the whole thing, somehow. Of course, i was in a very peculiar emotional state during that time. That movie is still pretty heavy.

I don't cry over movies that much anymore, though.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

the scene in TERMS OF ENDEARMENT when the surviving husband is telling the MOM what to do with the kids. about how he would " probably just screw it up". he just looks so sure..

that entire flicker is in the rawest sense, a study of the human condition while under 'domestic" pressure.

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

Let's see, movies that made me cry...

"Airplane", "Hot Shots", "The Naked Gun"...all the way through. Well, I laughed so hard I cried.

"Used Cars" where they smash that '57 Chevy to bits.

Seriously, though...I do choke up at a movie on occasion...and often it's unpredictable where I'll choke up. I can't really think of the ones that do it offhand.

Oh yeah, not "Armageddon" but that other asteroid-smashes-the-earth-into-oblivion movie that had Tia Leone and Morgan Freeman as the President. That scene where Tia Leone and her father (I think it might have been Maximilian Schell) are on the beach, and you know that any minute the asteroid is going to wipe out the entire east coast, and they're on the beach watching and mending a broken relationship. That was tough.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Pepe Le Tedsteur:

Let's see, movies that made me cry...

Oh yeah, not "Armageddon" but that other asteroid-smashes-the-earth-into-oblivion movie that had Tia Leone and Morgan Freeman as the President. That scene where Tia Leone and her father (I think it might have been Maximilian Schell) are on the beach, and you know that any minute the asteroid is going to wipe out the entire east coast, and they're on the beach watching and mending a broken relationship. That was tough.

I wonder what it is about those damned asteroids thats makes us sad.

-Zack

When our war for love overcomes our love for war, we will b happy...

-Jimi Hendrix

Originally posted by Bunny.:

TRON. When RAM dies, it's just too much for me to take. Poor RAM! :cry:

I'll second this one.

"The users; the users........are you a user?"

I love tender moments.

I also cried during the original Mighty Joe Young. And the Land of Misfit Toys on Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer always chokes me up too. Poor Charlie-in-the-box, and the little train with the square wheels too..... Life can be so cruel.

And you people think I'm kidding, but I'M NOT... :cry:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

I cried in the scene where Rawhide is lying in the hallway after being hit with a Lectroid spider. John Parker assures us there is no cure. All the Hong Kong Cavaliers are standing around helplessly, and Rawhide says, "What are y'all lookin'at? Saddle up! You gotta job to do!"

Courage!

And then again, when Buckaroo returns to the tourbus, but he's too late, Penny's dead, and New Jersey just looks at him and says, "I did all I could."

Dedication and sorrow!

"Buckaroo Banzai-Across the Eighth Dimension"

Biggest tearjerker EVER! :cry::cry::cry:

But DAMN, those Hong Kong Cavaliers could ROCK! And they packed plenty of firepower! :evil:

band link: bluepearlband.com

music, lessons, gig schedules at dennyf.com

STURGEON'S LAW --98% of everything is bullshit.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Jackhammer of Love and Mercy.

Get yours.

I must say that the first bit of Saving Private Ryan was pretty um.... uh... i dunno. Don't think i can put it into a single word, but it really made me feel like crying. It's tragic, the things that we as a human race do to each other, especially since we are all much more alike than different.

/*************************************************

* End of my answer. A mini-rant and some drivel

* follows below:

*************************************************/

Some folks complained that it was too over-the-top. Others warned war vets to not watch it, as it could induce flashbacks, etc. Others thought it was too gruesome and detracted from what is otherwise Such A Fine War Movie.

Personally i'm glad they made it so realisitic. Far too many people have such a "Sanitized Hollywood" impression of war and stuff. You know, the Lone Hero that, in spite of being shot 7 times (in spite of every one of his opponents being a horrible shot) has barely bled, and goes on to save the world, or kill it, etc blah blah. The Rambo/Commando Complex.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Archived