Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Favorite Halloween Songs

Lindaru

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always think back to a party I had right after college - I lived with a buddy on his property (38 acres) that was pretty heavily wooded but there was a clear valley where his house was, along with an older house that was uninhabited. We had a bonfire and had the party in the old uninhabited house. All it had for heat was a wood burning stove. We had candelabras, black lights on fluorescent paint, and all kinds of spooky decorations. I made a tape (this was mid 90s) filled with spooky music stitched together with sound effects and sounds that I played on my keyboards to put together a continuous track. It had stuff like Skinny Puppy, Black Sabbath (Electric Funeral), Ozzy (Mr. Crowley), some weird tracks I got off of a Tool CD, and this one:

[video:youtube]

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

The Alfred Hitchcock theme, Funeral March for a Marionette, Gounod. There were many arrangements over the years of the show, almost none of them scary sounding; some even sounded bouncy-happy with strings, and a marimba (for the bones?). But, the one I remember as a child as being truly musically scary was a bassoon quartet. I can't find it anymore on YT. Made a bassoon/bassoon split and played it at a Halloween party in an airplane hanger years ago.

Kurzweil PC4

A Scottish folk song going back to the 1500's. This version features the late Sandy Denny who sang "The Battle of Evermore" with Robert Plant.

This Blackmore's Night song based on Spanish Renaissance music conjures a Pagan vibe.

Then there is this classic from Donovan. There are also versions by The Vanilla Fudge and Al Kooper's Super Session.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5aPhGQ0L9Q

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

My band put out a Halloween track from our forthcoming album, hope you enjoy!

[video:youtube]g9C51247MtM

Remember - you can make a record without an organ on it, but it won't be as good

www.robpoyton.co.uk

Anything off of Aphrodite's Child 666. Many of you probably have heard "Loud, Loud, Loud" followed by "the 4 Horsemen" - it got radio play back in the day (if you're my age). But there's some really creepy stuff on that album. It's loosely based on the book of Revelation, a purely secular take, composed by Vangelis, performed by Greek rock band Aphrodite's Child. A track I included on my Halloween mix tape back in 96:

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSFVzV_vIiw

Have to admit...after this thread was started, I created a Halloween Playlist from a bunch of the songs I posted here and some others....fun!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived