Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

zlx 12p case/bag?

richforman

Think I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these as my next monitor/amp. For anyone who has one, what if anything do you carry it around in? I know ev makes a cover for it at like $50 but what about some of those aftermarket speaker bags with wheels, will any of them fit this unit? Thanks fellas.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own two and have note used a bag. They are pretty sturdy, but the top is made of thin plastic. As long as you are careful, you should not have any difficulties.

plus at $300 a shot, they are almost disposable speakers.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Rich, I have the ELX112p which is slightly larger than the zlx so the Zlx will fit in the roller below, which I bought. Don't offer full asking price, they'll take less money ....

rolling bag

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Got 3 zlx's, been lugging them around with no case also. Pretty tough little buggers

HammondCV,M3,L101,C6,SK1,xk5,Farfisa Combo Compact,RolandVR09,JX8P,vk09,Sound Canvas,CrumarTraveler1,Rhodes suitcase73,Wurly200,HohnerD6,KorgMS20,CasioCZ-101,Yamaha CP25,TX7,mx61,CasioCZ-101,PX110

Lots of good advice in this thread from earlier this year where I posed the same question.

I have been extremely satisfied with my official covers.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

This probably won't help the OP as it's a bit Europe-focused but for info, I bought my ZLX from DV247.com here in the UK, which is now actually owned by the German Music Store chain, I believe. I got Music Store's 'own brand' slip cover for it cost just over 20 and from all accounts, better padded than EV's own effort. Slips on and off very easily and has cut-outs for the carry handles, so carrying the speaker is probably easier than it would be in a tote, to be honest. Only downside is you'll need to stow the IEC power lead elsewhere for transport, as obviously there's no pocket, unlike the totes for my QSC K10s.

Yamaha: P515, CP88, Genos 1, HX1

Thanks all! Definitely will check out that one you linked Dave.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

Susan at [url:http://www.studioslips.com]StudioSlips[/url] made a great gig bag for my SSv.3. I have a clamshell design for carrying it sideways.

They have thousands of patterns, including your [url:http://www.studioslips.com/selected_model.php?ManID=101&CabID=5981]zlx 12P[/url]

:thu:

Here for the gear.

I have a zlx12p and I move it around in the smaller version of the Gator case that Dave linked to. The one I use is the Gator GPA-712SM. It fits just fine. I agree the zlx12p is easy to move around without a case but having one does mean I can carry other stuff at the same time to cut down the number of trips I have to make.

John

Nord Electro 6D 61, Wurlitzer EP200A, Neo Mini Vent, EV ZLX12P, QSC CP8.

Archived