Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Plastic People of the Universe

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw them at Spaceland (Silverlake, Los Angeles) a few years ago! They were pretty good. And I got to dance with a Czech girl...a fun evening!

Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows:

I saw them at Spaceland (Silverlake, Los Angeles) a few years ago! They were pretty good.

It's funny,while Iv'e read plenty about them over the years, Iv'e never actually heard them.I'd probably be interested in their older stuff with original members rather than a current version,I think anyway.Regardless of what they sounded like,their preserverence and their fans preserverence are probably unmatched by anyone.Iv'e had some rough times myself over the years,even no money for food for some stretches,but nothing like their dilemmma.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

I knew a bit of the history behind them when I went to see them at Spaceland. I got a few other people to go as well. We were all into it especially after hearing about their plight. Really have to admire people like that. I felt that their older stuff was more interesting. Live, they had less of that somewhat psychedelic sort of sound (that's not the best way to describe them, but I'm writing fast here at work...). The rhythm section, to be honest, was rather pedestrian, but the vibe was there, and to see a lot of Czechoslovakians turning out for their gig was really touching. It was, all in all, a very memorable evening.

Archived