Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

No White Stripes?!?

I like the White Stripes!

I sense a bit off disgust by some people towards them and that's OK. I respect everyone's likes and dislikes.

This just in:

80's Hard Rock / Heavy Metal / Shredfest / Cockgrabbing music IS NOT GONNA MAKE A COMEBACK!

NOT GONNA MAKE A COMEBACK!

I was also once subscribed to Guitar World, I know how most of those guys prefered being a guitar hero than write songs. I'm over it. Music is much more than that. Jack knows it. I know it. Almost everybody in the forum knows it.

I can almost see Jack, giving everybody the finger to all the naysayers thru his "simple songs" and don't care attitude. 15 minutes, probably, which is way more than any of us will ever get.

So let's all sit back and enjoy. It is a wonderful ride.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I like the "Wizzy Strizzies", too. No frills, no fluff. Straight forward music, not so-canned lyrics..

On a side note, he really beat the bejeezus out of that guy from the Von Bondies. That says to me that either he's the stereotypical rock star, or he's trying to be. All over production...

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

I think many people are just pissed because they MADE IT, got on the damn grammys and play garage band rock...

The comment about pro tools to death...man is that true...

I'm sorry, but ther is so much lo energy, BS music out these day, refreshing is the word for White Stripes.

Jack uses his voice in many ways. His slower tunes ( I can tell that we are gonna be friends, etc.)

I do get White Stripes, and that makes me happy...

:P

Originally posted by SaloSicle:

Sorry, no white stripes, but I do have black stripes in my underwear :eek:

You might wanna get that checked out. 'Cause mine are brown.

IMDB Credit list

President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."

Originally posted by deanmass:

I think many people are just pissed because they MADE IT, got on the damn grammys and play garage band rock...

The comment about pro tools to death...man is that true...

I'm sorry, but ther is so much lo energy, BS music out these day, refreshing is the word for White Stripes.

Jack uses his voice in many ways. His slower tunes ( I can tell that we are gonna be friends, etc.)

I do get White Stripes, and that makes me happy...

:P

No, I'm not pissed at all. I don't hate garage band rock at all. Plenty of it here in Jersey. I'm fairly sure that's how Bruce Springsteen started out. :)

I've also been known to give things a second chance. Really.

Originally posted by pumpcat:

Considering that they've already released four albums (plus a singles collection), and that the "buzz" has lasted for three years so far, You might want to start figuring out the difference between your salad fork and word fork.

Thanks for correcting me, but my forks are okay. :D To be fair, I didn't have the slightest idea about the White Stripes' history.

Originally posted by TeleCarlos

This just in:

80's Hard Rock / Heavy Metal / Shredfest / Cockgrabbing music IS NOT GONNA MAKE A COMEBACK!

NOT GONNA MAKE A COMEBACK!

I do recall some teenagers playing some shred style tunes while I was testing a gorgeous Epi Les Paul the other day. This was at the Guitar Center in Manhattan, NYC. Chillingly accurate runs, too.

I'm not waiting for a comeback, nor do I have to. There are some fine metal groups around today that somewhat have the 80's sound, but manage to put more oomph in the music. Nightwish is among them in my book.

C'mon - we should all know by now that instrumental ability has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with how good your music sounds. :evil: Even the beatles weren't that great players, especially in the beginning.

Th White Stripes popularity was kind of a backlash from the over-produced pop music scene, and that wife/sister-husband/brother scandal didn't hurt either. I thought they were kinda cool at first, like many people did, but after listening to their first CD a few times, I decided they were more style than substance.

But for whatever reason, they're now big rock stars, going around punching out innocent people in bars just for kicks . . .

DRD

Originally posted by DirtyRubberDuck:

C'mon - we should all know by now that instrumental ability has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with how good your music sounds. :evil: Even the beatles weren't that great players, especially in the beginning.

Perhaps not, but I'm tired of working with folks who can't take criticism for wanting things to be done right.

Originally posted by DirtyRubberDuck:

But for whatever reason, they're now big rock stars, going around punching out innocent people in bars just for kicks . . .

DRD

Apparently, my singer knows the guy who got socked in the face by Jack White. She works in the music biz, and says that a lot of people are really down on Jack White because he's apparently a giant-sized prick. Dunno, but that's always a shame (if true).

Archived