Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AW4416 Users, Question From A Spanish Friend...

He's getting a loud noise[some kind of spike] sometimes quen he recordes vocals, he's getting this on on channel.

He has to erased the track and rerecord.

Any solutions??

10.Q

Jesus Is Coming, Make Music, Get Ready!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ViLo:

He's getting a loud noise[some kind of spike] sometimes quen he recordes vocals, he's getting this on on channel.

He has to erased the track and rerecord.

Any solutions??

10.Q

Lee?? Phil?? ;)

Hard to say for sure what the cause is ViLo, without either hearing it or having a better description. Is he clipping the mic preamp? Is he digitally clipping because the levels to disk are too hot? Does he simply need a popscreen (Stedman makes the best ones) to prevent vocal 'plosives? It could be a lot of things...

Can you give me more details please?

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Hard to say for sure what the cause is ViLo, without either hearing it or having a better description. Is he clipping the mic preamp? Is he digitally clipping because the levels to disk are too hot? Does he simply need a popscreen (Stedman makes the best ones) to prevent vocal 'plosives? It could be a lot of things...

Can you give me more details please?

It does not happen all the time...he's checking cables and everything else, I'll let you know..

Thanks

There's not enough details to know for sure, but check my "Grrrr...Monster Cable" thread. I picked up some little clicks from the cable and had to replace it. Those little things can be hard to track down. You can also edit them out if they are very quick little clicks most of the time.

Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows:

There's not enough details to know for sure, but check my "Grrrr...Monster Cable" thread. I picked up some little clicks from the cable and had to replace it. Those little things can be hard to track down. You can also edit them out if they are very quick little clicks most of the time.

Thanks Ken, like I said He's checking cables and everything, I don't think is the machine.

Originally posted by Kendrix:

Change the input source to a different AW channel and see if the problem stays with the AW channel or with the signal source. That should help to ID the problem.

Good Luck - intermittant problems can be most frustratting.

Is only happening in the vocal track, but not all the time, so we'll see...thanks :thu:

Archived