Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Don't stop believing left hand rhythm

Phred

Are we sure that's the isolated studio tracks of Jonathan Cain? It seems implied by the comments of the vid that it was recorded by the guy who posted the vid...great work, indeed...but I'm not sure it's Cain's tracks isolated from Escape.

I don't think it is Jonathan, but is is the proper notes, etc...

The piano and Solina/Arp tones are spot on, but the playing seems a little choppy at times....but isolating a track can really expose performance flaws. So I'm not sure....

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While you guys are talking about stuff that is practical, I will veer off-topic wildly and say that the Op. 27 no 1 of Beethoven (the good movement, with the syncopation) kicked my a** even as a grown adult who grew up with ragtime.

That is all.

While you guys are talking about stuff that is practical, I will veer off-topic wildly and say that the Op. 27 no 1 of Beethoven (the good movement, with the syncopation) kicked my a** even as a grown adult who grew up with ragtime.

That is all.

:2thu:

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

The piano and Solina/Arp tones are spot on, but the playing seems a little choppy at times....but isolating a track can really expose performance flaws. So I'm not sure....

Yeah, good point. All in all, it's a really good isolation to get what Jonathan plays.

David

You guys really think that isolated keyboard part isn't the original? What about all the other guitar/vocal parts that they recorded onto the same track? I doubt someone re-recording this would have added those parts to the track!

ER, how does the bassist in your band get Ross Valory's tone in this song? Sounds like some kind of chorus or flanger effect played with a pick and using the bridge pickup.

I got my transcription from an old issue of Keyboard Mag and it's spot on. I can send it to anyone who's interested, PM me.

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Nice Dave - I keep expecting to hear Perry's voice come in! :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Thank you!

I recorded the Solina sounding parts as well,but on play back it's very sloppy so I will redo it before posting ;)

I used my PX5S as the controller on this recording. It's got some great, yet not obvious to find, controller capabilities, but that's for another thread..

David

Y

ER, how does the bassist in your band get Ross Valory's tone in this song? Sounds like some kind of chorus or flanger effect played with a pick and using the bridge pickup.

Hey, just noticed the Q. I'm not sure which effect pedal is has pressed on this one (I've never looked) but he does use a pick on this song.

David

Just for grins, I recorded some snippets of this song thru Mainstage today.

Here's the main Don't Stop piano riff. I am using PianoTeq CP80 heavily chorused, and a some Mainstage Steinway Grand, with a bit of chorus.

Sound Cloud DS Piano

Where's the crescendos and decrescendos within each measure of the opening riff? Next time with feeling! :poke::D

I used this for my soundcheck Saturday night, the other band members were impressed! We usually don't play stuff like this. . .

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Archived