Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's the lead instrument in the Star Trek theme?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beyond

The rim of the star-light

My love

Is wand'ring in star-flight

I know

He'll find in star-clustered reaches

Love,

Strange love a star woman teaches.

I know

His journey never ends

His star trek

Will go on forever.

But tell him

While he wanders his starry sea

Remember, remember me.

Yeah, I always thought it was just a vocal accompanied by a string/horn section...?

"Meat is the only thing you need beside beer! Big hunks of meat and BEER!!...Lots of freakin' BEER."

"Hey, I'm not Jesus Christ, I can't turn water into wine. The best I can do is turn beer into urine." Zakk Wylde

http://www.hepcnet.net/bbssmilies/super.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_109.gif

Originally posted by Tenacious Duhduh:

Yeah, I always thought it was just a vocal accompanied by a string/horn section...?

and bongos! :)

It was performed by the Desi Arnaz orchestra, right? I always assumed that 'cause Star Trek was produced by Desilu but I don't know really. Sounds like a Cuban band to me.

Originally posted by Teahead:

I know it's invented by a French guy, and I think it might be names after him, I seem to remember the name "Ondes Marinate?" Am I even close?

Does anyone know what that main lead in that theme tune is played on?

Tea :confused:

Don't know if it's that one but for the proper name and some fun check this:

http://www.obsolete.com/120_years/machines/martenot/index.html

Guess the Amp

.... now it's finished...

Here it is!

I know it's invented by a French guy, and I think it might be names after him, I seem to remember the name "Ondes Marinate?" Am I even close?

Now I know I may just be a cat, but I believe you're thinking of the Ondes Martinot.

Does anyone know what that main lead in that theme tune is played on?

The Theramin.
Dooby Dooby Doo

The day will dawn in the future

When you will journey through time

The stars...listen...hear them pleading

They know, dear earthling, what your needing

Be true, bring peace and love with you

Be free, for that is your nature

Beleive, tho others say it's only pretend

Then your Star Trek will never end

Will never end, will never end

Will never end, will never end.d.d.d.d.d.d.d.d

Ah,Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, Ah, Ah Ah Ah, Ahh...etc

Taken from Nichelle Nichol's (Lt. Uhura) disco version of the Star Trek theme.

Chris R. Gibson

aka Loopy C

Micworks

Ken Tamplin Mastering

Originally posted by Duddits:

I though there was theramin on it too, in addition to Loulie.

I've got 2 cats. I just asked them if they knew anything about theramins. The both looked at me, then moved on.

If you really are a cat, how come you know so much? And how are you able to use a computer. My cats won't do anyting but eat, shit, and break things.

Michael Oster

F7 Sound and Vision

ReGurgiTron - made with pure organic ingredients.

Originally posted by F7sound -:

I've got 2 cats. I just asked them if they knew anything about theramins. The both looked at me, then moved on.

If you really are a cat, how come you know so much? And how are you able to use a computer. My cats won't do anyting but eat, shit, and break things.

[/url]

Well, thank you for the indirect compliment, but first off, you don't think your cats are going to say anything to you about theramins while you're in the room? I mean, HELLO! Duhhhh! Plus, most cats, even the ones that got caught up in that whole musique concrète thing are not huge fans of the theramin. It's just too fussy, even for a cat. And as for your statement that cats dont do much except for eat, shit, and break things, I could say the VERY SAME THING about most humans. But I wouldn't, since i'm too much of a cat to stoop to such blatant species-ism. But I will say that at least us cats bury ours.

Ohhhh Yawwwn, stretchhhh, jigggggle, and lickkkk. Time for a nap.

Dooby Dooby Doo

Originally posted by F7sound -:

I've got 2 cats. I just aske...SNIP...My cats won't do anyting but eat, shit, and break things.

Well, thank you for the indirect compliment, but first off, you don't think your cats are going to say anything to you about theramins while you're in the room? I mean, HELLO! Duhhhh! Plus, most cats, even the ones that got caught up in that whole musique concrète thing are not huge fans of the theramin. It's just too fussy, even for a cat. And as for your statement that cats dont do much except for eat, shit, and break things, I could say the VERY SAME THING about most humans. But I wouldn't, since i'm too much of a cat to stoop to such blatant species-ism. But I will say that at least us cats bury ours.

Ohhhh Yawwwn, stretchhhh, jigggggle, and lickkkk. Time for a nap.

Duddits,

Even though I'm only a human, I do understand where you're coming from. It's just that cats have it made. At least mine do. They get 3 squares a day. Don't have to work or worry about bills. Have a cozy shelter and don't have to clean. I mean, how about if they throw me a friggen bone, and at least we can discuss the theremin - just once? Would that hurt? Would it cut into their busy schedule one bit. I don't think so.

They should be greatful that they live in this house with me instead of roaming the streets of Korea, where they could become part of tonite's main course.

Nothin' but love for ya!

Michael Oster

F7 Sound and Vision

ReGurgiTron - When it\'s good, it\'s great. But it\'s hardly ever good.

Archived