Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Isn't this lovely

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just how the data ended up on the Internet is an alarming window into the use of outside computer service providers by government agencies in the age of increasing outsourcing of development work.
Thanks for the link Jeebus. I forwarded this link to the American Postal Workers Union and also the Mail Handlers Union so that they could perhaps have some leverage as to the USPS handing jobs out left and right to private contractors.

The thing that has kept Government Operations so secure in the past is the extensive training programs and complete knowledge of operating systems that are multi-layered to keep data secure. Also, the government has purchased many private trunk lines to transfer data. There is no excuse for this to happen, and I'm glad to see it was a mistake made by the "cut rate laborists" that the government is selling American jobs to. The more career jobs that are replaced by cheap labor, the more unstable you will see government operations become. Government Operating systems are complex, and you don't learn them overnight.

That's pretty serious. Even more serious is the outsourcing of electronic voting machines to a private company ... an inept company (accordng to Salon ... yeah yeah leftie comunist electronic rag that it is)

The technology has been around for years now, I'm not sure why I keep hearing more and more stories recently about it's abuse and misuse, deliberate or otherwise. Maybe technology has finally trickled down into the hands of non-trained, incompetent, semi-skilled labourers?

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

I've actually used rentacoder.com for work and it was a good experience. But folks who use it (and any outsourcing) need to be conscious and desensitize whatever information they send to others. The guy should've put dummy records in the database before posting it. It's also highly recommended for any contract worker to agree and sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). I even went as far as using my personal e-mail for contracting work so no one knew what company I was working for.

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

That's pretty serious. Even more serious is the outsourcing of electronic voting machines to a private company ... an inept company (accordng to Salon ... yeah yeah leftie comunist electronic rag that it is)

Not to turn this into a political thread, but the contractor would by any chance be related into the Bush or Cheney family would it? :D:D:D

Or, maybe just good "FRIENDS" of the "FAMILY" :wave:

Two questions that I don't really need answers for:

1. Why am I not surprised?

2. Jeeb, have I told you how much I like your new avatar? :love:

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Originally posted by Jode:

Jeeb, have I told you how much I like your new avatar? :love:

Over the last two weeks, I've had people in every forum I post in give me compliments on it. I'm glad to see it's having such a great impact on you all, and I'm truly honored and humbled. Thanks again. :o

Originally posted by Ani:

Not to turn this into a political thread, but the contractor would by any chance be related into the Bush or Cheney family would it? :D:D:D

Or, maybe just good "FRIENDS" of the "FAMILY" :wave:

If I remember right, the head of the company is a big GOP supporter.

Check out the salon.com article for more info.

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Archived