Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Peter Cetera in concert

He was on PBS last night. I heard about the last six songs. Had a full orchestra. I tell ya, that was some fine music. Stunning. I would love to hvae been there. That has got to be a trip playing with a full orchestra. Well, big anyway. The string section was BIG.

Speaking of that... is a an "orchestra" a "standard" number of musicians or does it always vary?

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool I'd like to catch it on a rerun.

I saw Chicago (without Peter) a couple of years ago just for the fun of it. Turned out to be a pretty good evening. I think I'd even go see them again.

Peter Cetera used to live in the same neighborhood as me back in CA. He used to walk in front of my house pretty regular. He had a black Corvette with the license plate 25OR624.

I'll have to watch out for him this Summer when the outdoor Ampitheater concerts start.

Russ

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-russragsdale

Originally posted by LiveMusic:

He was on PBS last night. I heard about the last six songs. Had a full orchestra.

I seem to remember seeing that on PBS years ago.I wonder if this is another of the same(doubt it)and wonder what he's doing lately.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Originally posted by LiveMusic:

Speaking of that... is a an "orchestra" a "standard" number of musicians or does it always vary?

It varies :thu:

I played synth in a production of JC Superstar once and that was a 43-piece orchestra, which is largish, but it does vary.

Originally posted by Tedster:

<=

Here was my favorite in Chicago

Tedster, I just have to give you props for the Kath photo. Chicago lost their soul after he died.

Always loved Cetera's voice too...but once I saw him solo on the Tonight show in a leather trench coat and it sort of bummed me out. Made me long for those mountain man days at Caribou.

this house is empty now...

Originally posted by songrytr:

Chicago lost their soul after he died.

AMEN. They had ALMOST a moment of keeping it with Chicago 13, but didn't make it. I was devastated when I found out Kath died. From what I've been able to decipher, with Terry out of the balance, Robert Lamm became a TOTAL control freak/asshole...still is...and has an EXTREMELY irrational fear of messing with that 'Chicago sound', to the point of dictating HOW Jason Scheff will sing each note, sometimes. Demented.

Danny Seraphine lives not too far from me; he was/is the godfather of a former co-workers' kids, and is very tight-lipped about his days in Chicago. As well he should be, because he got royally fucked.

The only post-Chicago work that Cetera has done that I really loved was the duet with Chaka Kahn a handful of years back, "Feels Like Heaven". The drummer's work on that tune made me cry...switching to brushes after the peak of the tune, and riding out the vamp on the end.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

You guys bashing him, that's fine, for sure. All I can tell you is that if you didn't see it, and IF you like good music, then remain open. Because it was absolutely fantastic music. It could have been any number of singers, not just him. Those songs and those arrangements and that orchestra... it was terrific. And I do like his voice.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Archived