Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Grammys are tonite. Does anyone care?

Long ago, I used to look forward to the Grammys. Nowadays I can't help but think of it as a lame pat on the back - celebrating lots of sales of music that's been shoved down our throats.

Could be that it's Sunday am, and my coffee hasn't kicked in.

Michael Oster

F7 Sound and Vision

ReGurgiTron - nominated for ZERO Grammys and damn proud of it!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember McCartney running up from the back of the room in '70 or '71 to get the Beatles' grammy for Let It Be. It was the first time I ever saw a guy in a suit with white sneakers(with two black slanted stripes on the sides). Haven't cared much for the Grammys since. I would like to see the "pre-Tel" grammys for the instrumental types sometime though.
You shouldn't chase after the past or pin your hopes on the future.

I never watch the Grammys anymore. However, I am always surprised the next morning when someone like Steely Dan beats out Eminem. If I watched, that wouldn't happen. I bring too much negative karma to tlevision awards shows.
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

I bring too much negative karma to tlevision awards shows
ROTFFLMFAO!!!! :D:D:D:thu:

Joe Pine (60's talk show host who sported a wooden leg) to Frank Zappa -- "So, with your long hair, I guess that makes you a woman." Frank Zappa's response -- "So, with your wooden leg, I guess that makes you a table."

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2001&alid=-1

Evanescence did get the New Artist award. :thu::cool:

I would've chosen different guys to play "Saw Her Standing There". The drummer seemed to miss a beat or two. Interesting take on the solo by Vince Gill, though. He's one of the better songwriters and players in modern country music IMO.

The funky portion was way awesome! Damn! to get P-Funk, and that slide player dude from new Jersey, and the others... :thu:

The big downer was the sound, though. It did improve after about an hour and a half, but still, considering the tape delay, the entire broadcast should've been virtually flawless. This was never a problem when the Grammys were in New York City, in the Radio City theater.

Archived