Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The "Dweezil and Lisa Show"

Well, Lawdalmighty, what will they come up with next?

I was surfing, and lo and behold, on the cableguide channel they list "Dweezil and Lisa". Yup. Dweezil Zappa and Lisa Loeb. But, it wasn't on a music channel. Nosiree, they were on...the Food Network! Yup...ol' Dweez and Lisa have their own cooking show!

Actually, it was a fun show. They were making a birthday dinner for Diva, Dweezil's little sister, and the theme was a "deception dinner".. to have foods that look like one thing but are actually another...like what looked like cupcakes were actually mini-lasagnas. They recruited the help of some of their "pro-chef" friends to help them pull it off. And, of course, they sought out an excuse to pull out their guitars and come up with an impromptu tune.

So, the next time you find yourself staring at your Taylor, wishing it were a big Philly Cheesesteak or something, turn on the TV and see if Dweezil and Lisa can come up with some fun cooking ideas for you. Well, actually, Lisa's a veggie, so I think the emphasis is on meatless stuff...but it looks good nonetheless.

Link... http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ld

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like D-boys dads' jams very much. he was very creative to say the least.

fok a cookin' show. I got songs to wrote. and record and mix oy and level out ow and redo hey and mixes to burn wow oh wow. I wish I hod a goode engineer in me pocket..

oh thanks for sharing anyhoo. oh I have a story too:

I got another teevee but it stays mostly off.

the end,..

thanks for lettin me share with you today ah yes..

Originally posted by Tedster:

Well, Lawdalmighty, what will they come up with next?

I was surfing, and lo and behold, on the cableguide channel they list "Dweezil and Lisa". Yup. Dweezil Zappa and Lisa Loeb. But, it wasn't on a music channel. Nosiree, they were on...the Food Network! Yup...ol' Dweez and Lisa have their own cooking show!

Actually, it was a fun show. They were making a birthday dinner for Diva, Dweezil's little sister, and the theme was a "deception dinner".. to have foods that look like one thing but are actually another...like what looked like cupcakes were actually mini-lasagnas. They recruited the help of some of their "pro-chef" friends to help them pull it off. And, of course, they sought out an excuse to pull out their guitars and come up with an impromptu tune.

So, the next time you find yourself staring at your Taylor, wishing it were a big Philly Cheesesteak or something, turn on the TV and see if Dweezil and Lisa can come up with some fun cooking ideas for you. Well, actually, Lisa's a veggie, so I think the emphasis is on meatless stuff...but it looks good nonetheless.

Link... http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ld

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

I saw the previews of that show and did think WTF? I guess it beats going on MTV Cribs and flashing the bling-bling yo. Should be fun to watch.

Food Network's a guilty pleasure of mine. The Iron Chef is a riot ...and Jamie Oliver introducing the world to English cooking :eek:

And can't forget Emerill.

It's the most boring show on the Food Network, if not the most boring show on any network, if not the most boring show in the history of broadcasting. Boring boring boring boring.

It's like, they're so, look Dweezil, let's make some cool stuff today cause we're like so cool and hip we dont even have to wake up and exert any energy and its so cool just to watch us putter around the kitchen and stuff. Hee hee. Hey, since your dad was Frank Zappa, and I wear men's glasses, let's write a song.

The thing about Reality TV is that the subjects gotta be interesting. They can be fucked up, fat, stupid, cool, uncool, famous, not famous, whatever, but they have to be interesting. Dweezil and Lisa are plain ass Booooooorrrrring. And they also dont know shit about food. I'm just a damn cat and even I know that!

Dooby Dooby Doo

I haven't seen the show, but I almost never watch TV (excpet for my kid being glued to Cartoon Network far too often). But I do know Dweez is a nice guy and a really good guitarist in his own right. I have no idea how well he cooks...but he does golf well. That has nothing to do with cooking, but if they gave him some kind of "golfing guitarist" show, he'd be a natural.

- Jeff

musician cooking? musician golfing?

Oh I know! what about a musician um musiking. making mus-ik that is. ahahahaha!

how 'bout a reality show with REAL reality. a show aboot a band going on the road. or a different band every week. showing them for a week or a month or what ever as they go from dive er spot to spot and cru eh ah crackerjack little burgs and towns as the van tires blow and the motor dont start and the drunken queasy fans throw up on 'em and they argue about who farted the worst in the wintertime van drive and gettin' mad and making up and being HUMAN and being great and sucky on stage and all of it.

NOW THATS REALITY TEEVEE.

and get nobody bands. they a dime a dozen and maybe or no showcase a big name segment in the weekly hour long flicker.

the bands get exposure and we get first class entertainment.

win,win.

hey,hey!

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

But I do know Dweez is a nice guy and a really good guitarist in his own right. I have no idea how well he cooks...but he does golf well. That has nothing to do with cooking, but if they gave him some kind of "golfing guitarist" show, he'd be a natural.

I met him a few times too at some music functions and agree he's a nice guy. Nice guy. Lots of nice guys. All of you are nice guys. I'm a nice guy, you're a nice guy, we're all nice guys. Nice Nice Nice.

But in addition to being nice, he's also borrrrrrrriiiiiiing. He's Dweezil cause his dad was Frank, not because he's super duper. Ozzy, Sharon and their chunky monkey kids are intrinsically interesting, aside from their limelighted life and accomplishments. Anna Nicole, Jessica and Nick are intrinsically interesting, dumb as stones, but interesting to watch. But Dweez and Little Miss Man Glasses are like someone's grandparents puttering around. Booorrrrrrrriiiiiiiing. It's so boring, I would venture to say, that it may in fact qualify as a threat to national security.

So anyway, Mr. Weasal, if your kids are ever giving you a hard time and not going to sleep, I recommend that you show them a few minutes of the Dweez and Lisa show and I guarantee they'll be snoring louder than a La Machine before you can say "show cancelled."

Dooby Dooby Doo

he he - Kity Kat is bored

I guess it was more interesting listening to Kity Kat being bored than the actual show - must be a sleeper then ?

Best line thru my transducers today:

So, the next time you find yourself staring at your Taylor, wishing it were a big Philly Cheesesteak or something, turn on the TV and see if Dweezil and Lisa can come up with some fun cooking ideas for you.
OK I'll try next time that happens - he he :thu:

Guilty as charged.

I've been putting together a percussion part for the last few hours, and while it will be MAD cool when finished, putting it together note by note is almost as boring as watching Dweezil and Little Miss Man Glasses stir tomato sauce on the Food Network.

Dooby Dooby Doo

Originally posted by Tedster:

Maybe instead of Dweezil and Lisa, the "Sharon and Ozzy" cooking show would be less boring. Ya think?

I don't know if I'd want to see that. I'd be calling the medics and the cops after every show. Frankly, I'm tired of hearing about them. I wish they'd just stay out of the limelight, let Oz recover, and maybe get back to the music. As if that can ever happen... :freak:

Maybe even more boring than that (checked out your pictures, they look cool). I spent the day writing actual dots on a page for a human player who will be playing a drum set along with a sequenced hip-hop beat as part of a new piece o'mine. Basically, "sequencing" a human player to complement a drum-machine part.
Dooby Dooby Doo

Originally posted by Duddits:

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

But I do know Dweez is a nice guy and a really good guitarist in his own right. I have no idea how well he cooks...but he does golf well. That has nothing to do with cooking, but if they gave him some kind of "golfing guitarist" show, he'd be a natural.

I met him a few times too at some music functions and agree he's a nice guy. Nice guy. Lots of nice guys. All of you are nice guys. I'm a nice guy, you're a nice guy, we're all nice guys. Nice Nice Nice.

But in addition to being nice, he's also borrrrrrrriiiiiiing. He's Dweezil cause his dad was Frank, not because he's super duper. Ozzy, Sharon and their chunky monkey kids are intrinsically interesting, aside from their limelighted life and accomplishments. Anna Nicole, Jessica and Nick are intrinsically interesting, dumb as stones, but interesting to watch. But Dweez and Little Miss Man Glasses are like someone's grandparents puttering around. Booorrrrrrrriiiiiiiing. It's so boring, I would venture to say, that it may in fact qualify as a threat to national security.

So anyway, Mr. Weasal, if your kids are ever giving you a hard time and not going to sleep, I recommend that you show them a few minutes of the Dweez and Lisa show and I guarantee they'll be snoring louder than a La Machine before you can say "show cancelled."

But a man pretending to be a cat on an internet forum is exxxcccciiiiiiitttiiinngg!!!

"Meat is the only thing you need beside beer! Big hunks of meat and BEER!!...Lots of freakin' BEER."

"Hey, I'm not Jesus Christ, I can't turn water into wine. The best I can do is turn beer into urine." Zakk Wylde

http://www.hepcnet.net/bbssmilies/super.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_109.gif

Originally posted by Tenacious Duhduh:

But a man pretending to be a cat on an internet forum is exxxcccciiiiiiitttiiinngg!!!

First off, who said anything about pretending.

And if you do want to go THAT route and get all technical about it, hell yeah I'd say a man pretending to be a cat on an internet forum is more exciting than a cat pretending to be a man on a cooking show.

"Little Miss Man Glasses." I love that. :D

Dooby Dooby Doo

Archived