Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can anyone recommend a case for a FA 08?

Edgar Summers

Hello fellas!

Long time no see.

I am in the middle of a really dumb situation. I purchase a Roland FA 08 about ten days ago along with a Road Runner case:

This case was one of several recommended by the Guitar Center customer support.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Road-Runner-RR-Xpress-Keyboard-Porter-Sm88-104663604-i1436654.gc

So I got it all home and found out the case was at least two inches too short. So I contacted Guitar Center and they agreed to send me a Gator case that would surely work.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gator-GK-88-88-Key-Lightweight-Keyboard-Case-on-Wheels-109302091-i1152145.gc

This case arrived today and seems to be about an inch too short. I would compare it to putting on size Ten shoe when your foot is ten and a half. I can close the case just barely and the keyboard is sort of "wedged" in there. I don't think this will be good for the case or the keyboard.

Now I ordered BOTH cases on the advice of someone at the Guitar center and have Googled this to death so....could someone who actually owns one of these keyboards please recommend a case that will fit?

At this point I don't care much what it costs. I was originally trying to cut some weight by looking at these two cases.

Thanks so much.

"Music should never be harmless."

Robbie Robertson

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you sure they sent you the proper GK88?

I have it and it works fine..no wedging

I don't use it much anymore since I've gone to hard shell cases.

I use this case now . The 61 version as well for my MOXF.

BY the way, that Roadrunner case shows 54.5"W x 14.5"H x 5.75"D

The FA08 is 55.75" W x 14.5"D x 5.62"H

That rules out the Roadrunner case.

That gator semi soft GK88 will work based on my experience

It is 57.5"W x 6"H x 18"D

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

I have a GK-88 for my CP4. There is so much extra room in there I can fit my damper pedal on one side of the piano and the expression pedal on the other.

Any chance they sent you a GK-76?

Wes

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

I found this tiny little tag. They apparently sent me a "slim" version that is supposed to be 54 inches on the inside. OMG! Guess we'll be UPSing again next week.

It looks a lot like the correct one but it's too short.

Thanks for the reply, that's all everybody....nothing else to see here...let's move along. :wave:

"Music should never be harmless."

Robbie Robertson

I bought a used SKB rolling case, which replaced a 20 year old SKB that was falling apart. It's long enough but way too wide, so I stuff some foam in just in case the board wants to move around. I paid 150 for the case so it was a good deal, normally like 350 or so.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

While Gator seems very similar in quality, I'm an SKB fan. When something is ATA rated, it can take a near-miss from a nuke. My older battle-scarred case is still in service, but the newer one with rollers is my back's #1 homeboy. I also recommend some medium-dense foam sections for odd jobs. I crammed a laptop, 2 mini-controllers and the other effluvia into the latter, a 61-key model. It was like a custom fit. Keep it in mind for the unexpected.

"Well, the 60s were fun, but now I'm payin' for it."
        ~ Stan Lee, "Ant-Man and the Wasp"

Archived