Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

And you ask why I'm not a metal fan?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jode:

Because of shit like this. :evil:

You're joking, right? :D Only the black metal types wear the silly makeup. Everybody else usually just wears dark toned, or all black, outfits. I wouldn't wanna mess with those fuckers.

I personally don't like too much black metal anyway. I'm more into the classic thrash, bands like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden, and good prog metal like Dream Theater, and Pain of Salvation. Some of the newer groups are good too. Not so much the nu-metal ones for me, though, but even that genre has a few good bands.

Well... christian bands make me sick too.

I liked their look but I dunno why a concert of a band like this was being broadcasted nationwide; they usually belong to the underground scene, not mainstream.

Anyway... it's just publicity.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

My ceiling fan is made of wood. Well, actually the blades are veneer covered particle board probably, 'cause they don't make 'em like they used to. Metal fans were too dangerous, little kids getting their fingers chopped off and all. Much safer with the plastic blades they use nowadays...(huh? Ohhhh...Metal MUSIC fans...)

Nevermind.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

LMBO. Why the fuck would they put a black metal band on state television, in an ultra-Catholic country like Poland? What did they EXPECT?!?

Then again, Napalm Death used to play live on BBC television. In some ways, Europe is a lot more tolerant of metal than the U.S.

MEGATRON FOR PRESIDENT

http://grannysghost.com/megatronLap.JPG

Originally posted by GusTraX:

I liked their look but I dunno why a concert of a band like this was being broadcasted nationwide; they usually belong to the underground scene, not mainstream.

Yeah, it does reek of publicity gimmick, doesn't it? If it weren't for the animal abuses, it would garner a big yawn from me.

Christian music may be the cheesiest genre out there, but they're not killing anything (although some bands would probably love the head of Richard Simmons on a stick on stage with them).

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

What came of that band that claimed they were going to have a suicide at one of their gigs last year, in Florida I think it was?? I know they didn't go through with it but thay claimed it was just a postponement, did that ever resurface???
Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Eh, I like some metal. I just like bands in general that focus the attention on their playing, writing, and showmanship, and not a truckoad of dismembered animal parts. I don't want to see a stage show that may make me physically ill.

And you're right, Pricey - did anyone read these guys' press kit? :eek:

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

I can't speak for gus but The whole Christian music thing sounds so contrived. It is almost like they are trying to yell "I'm a better christian than you". A worship band is one thing but once it gets into the realm of profit it always seems fake. There may be exceptions but really all of the ones I have seen are very similar. Remember Stryper?

Reach out and grab a clue.

Something Vicious

My solo crap

It's not a real rock show unless you get some blood and nekkid chix in the mix.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Originally posted by CMDN:

It's not a real rock show unless you get some blood and nekkid chix in the mix.

YEAHH !!

http://guslozada.com/smilies/rockwoot.gif

About Jcskid:

and why?

are you judging the lyrics? or the music?

or is it just because they represent something you hate?

To say "hate" is TOO strong and radical. You feel sick because of these bands... I feel sick because of Christian bands. Easy, right?

About The Thrashole

I can't speak for gus but The whole Christian music thing sounds so contrived. It is almost like they are trying to yell "I'm a better christian than you". A worship band is one thing but once it gets into the realm of profit it always seems fake. There may be exceptions but really all of the ones I have seen are very similar. Remember Stryper?

You're right on track ;)

www.guslozada.com

Oh boy! Another "flame the gospel rock bands" thread!

It's not even their message. It's just that, for a period of about two hundred years between Mozart and Jars Of Clay, Christian music has just sucked on its musical merits. I would change the station when it came on no matter what the lyric was about, because the music sucked. Petra? Barf. Twila Paris? Projectile barf, with fever, chills, and bloody diarrhea. Stryper? Well, a good laugh, and sticking around until the guitar solo's over, then change the station. Cristy Lane? Massive heart attack exacerbated by extreme laughing and pointing. There is even Christian quasi-death/grind music that a "witness" played for me one day in a pawn shop, and I had to try hard not to laugh at him.

And I say all this as a man who has taken Jesus Christ as his personal lord and saviour. Just because I want Christ in my life doesn't mean that Christian bands don't mostly suck. Personally, knowing how much better it makes me feel to have God in my life, and the impact on my own music, I have to ask: how come people aren't motivated enough by His presence in their lives to write some better music about Him? They ought to be glad He has infinite patience, because I kinda doubt He's got Michael W. Smith in His CD changer.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

These guys are sick, but that doesn't mean the whole black metal scene is pernicious.

I have recorded tons of metal. One of the black metal bands was really weird and I found out later that they teared (dead)pigs in pieces on stage and dashed them into the audience.

But another b.m. band I recorded was the Hungarian band "Sear Bliss" (you'll find much on Google) and these guys are probably the nicest metal heads I've ever met.

Most metal heads would't harm a fly. :idea:

The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

Originally posted by jcskid:

:confused::rolleyes:

and why?

Scott

Nah. For me, it's not the politics or the "I'm better than you" premise because I think that is in a small amount of Christian music and doesn't represent the whole scene.

To me, the genre lacks innovation. Christian music is not where I look to hear what is new and fresh. It's what I go to to hear what was fresh 5 years ago (and in the case of Michael W. Smith, what was fresh 15 years ago). Sure they try real hard, and there is some real talent in the industry, but they're always doing what someone else has already done before (and usually better).

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

Originally posted by jcskid:

:confused::rolleyes:

and why?

Scott

Scott, put your guard down. Not everyone wants to persecute Christians. :rolleyes: For me, it's not the politics or the "I'm better than you" premise because I think that is in a small amount of Christian music and doesn't represent the whole scene.

To me, the genre lacks innovation. Christian music is not where I look to hear what is new and fresh. It's what I go to to hear what was fresh 5 years ago (and in the case of Michael W. Smith, what was fresh 15 years ago). Sure they try real hard, and there is some real talent in the industry, but they're always doing what someone else has already done before (and usually better).

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Gus, the guys mentioned in that article aren't Christian. They're Satanists. Their use of the cross is demeaning to those of us who do believe in Christ's message. Not to mention the church burnings.

Yeah, I know I shouldn't curse, but I'll let God sort that out. I do basically believe in what God tells me, though, and even if you don't, you can learn something good out of it.

Originally posted by Dr. Taz:

Gus, the guys mentioned in that article aren't Christian. They're Satanists. Their use of the cross is demeaning to those of us who do believe in Christ's message. Not to mention the church burnings.

Yeah, I know I shouldn't curse, but I'll let God sort that out. I do basically believe in what God tells me, though, and even if you don't, you can learn something good out of it.

Hi Taz! :wave:

Of course I KNOW the guys in the article are NOT Christians... I'm Mexican, not stupid.. :P

My comment was.. you -or some of you- feel sick about "satanists" bands... I do feel sick when I listen to a christian "rock" band. I simply don't like them.

That's the whole point.

Peace

www.guslozada.com

Originally posted by The Thrashole:

I'm Mexican, not stupid..

Damn gus that was funny as hell. Thanks, my coworkers are looking at me funny......again.
:D

www.guslozada.com

Originally posted by JohnS:

I am with you on this one Gus. :thu:
Well, musically speaking there are some good christian artists (or bands with memebers with christian beliefs in it) that you may not even know they are 'christians'. .. such as Chevelle, Vertical Horizons, Stacie O'rrico and Switchfoot. They are too mainstream... videos in MTV, CDs at Best Buy in the rock/pop section, etc...

Satanists? Well... they may truly worship The Devil, or they may just being that way to sell more records... :rolleyes: Same thing with Christians, right?

Who Put The ' M ' In MySpace?

don\'t_click | day_job

Archived