Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arturia Origin

Bachus

[video:youtube]OBsgSnoldqM

This is an incredible synth, its also kind of rare, even tough its still for sale at the arturia website.. Its one of the few synths i never saw in action, needles to say that i never got my fingers on its keys...

I am a huge fan of VA modular synthesis, and espescially this synth seems to work incredibly awesome with its lovely building blocks. Want to add a moog filter to a cs89 sound, you got it... Want to build some very unique sound, everything is there to..

I allways envisioned arturia meant to be expanding this concept with more and more modules. Sadly, and i got no clue why, the synth never became the succes i tought it would become.

So who of you ever owned or played one?

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha Tyros5 (76), Integra 7, macbook pro/mainstage

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Tony had one also. I've never played one but the looked really cool.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I had one for about a year back in 2012. Ended up traded it for a Voyager.

It was a fantastic synth. Great keybed and a very immediate key-to-sound response. It lacked any of the latency I'd felt using Arturia soft synths.

They are very rare. The one I had is still local and I could probably borrow it back if I ever needed it.

The form factor made it awkward for live usage. It required a very deep case and had to be the top board in a stack.

Here's a pic of our friend Dan playing it.

IMG_2273.jpg

I had the module for a couple of months. It's a great sounding synth and the concept of digital modular is great. Unfortunately, the midi implementation was limited and I couldn't integrate it into my live rig without some major re-programming and found other solutions instead (my Receptor with Diva).

Archived