Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

That gutted G5 was a hoax.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny story. Apparently he was given the empty G5 case and just filled it with PC parts to fool his buddy.

Some of the comments he received were pretty harsh:

"I hope your PC blows up and leaves your miserable face disfigured forever"

That was uncalled for... :(

I always love a good prank. :thu:

The success of a prank is measured by the size of the reaction. Looks like he struck a nerve. Well done!

As a Mac user, I am ashamed of my community when it sends threatening and damning emails because some kid supposedly destroyed his own property.

Zeronyne-

I know that you are a reasonable, intelligent person, and i (along with everyone, i'm sure) enjoy your company on this forum. I'm sorry that you have to apologize for other people in the mac community.

But truth be told, it's folks like that (and Tron) that have consistently steered me away from owning a Mac thusfar.

I get plenty of shit from the Windows camp too, but i think the Apple zealots are "louder", and stuff. :rolleyes:

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

"Mac users are nuttier than a fruitcake," Andy said.
And we're proud of it! :wave:

The emails exerpts the article had were pretty psycho. Hoping someone goes to hell for something like that? I'd say that's going a little far. I suppose I've been sheltered by the cult of the Macintosh, I didn't know anyone would say something like that.

"And then you have these thoughts in the back of your mind like 'Why am I doing this? Or is this a figment of my imagination?'"

http://www.veracohr.com

Originally posted by Coaster:

i am beginning to actually doubt it WAS a hoax.

i think maybe he really did this.

where do you get a g5 case anyway?

i mean, lets say he really did it. whats the easiest way to get everyone off your back? say that you lied about it.

OH MY GOD!!! Please tell me that you don't believe this (this was another thing brought up in the article, that people are so traumatized about it that they can't believe it's a hoax). You get a G5 case when you rack it, or for a million other reasons. There are dozens of G4 cases up for sale and auction all the time.

"For instance" is not proof.

Ha Ha Ha Ha - very cool !!!

People like Andy make the world go 'round.

Just goes to show you - if we don't get our minimum daily requirement of red meat we'll chew up any good natured hobbiest - so he's disfigured forever ! He He what boredom does to an otherwise balanced mind, or is it ?

He didn't mention any spybots so I guess he never connected it to the internet !!!

Originally posted by phaeton:

But truth be told, it's folks like that (and Tron) that have consistently steered me away from owning a Mac thusfar.

That's always a reliable way to select gear!

:eek::rolleyes:

I don't avoid PC's just because there are a few million dickhead PC users out there.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

You people let a few idiots dictate what PC to buy? Man, you're crazy. If I could buy a Mac, I really would buy one. Not because it's the kewlest thing for my lifestyle, but because it works for ME. :)

Tron doesn't bother me. He reminds me a lot of somebody that's been "infesting" the guitar and political forums lately.

Originally posted by zeronyne:

[[/i][/qb]

You get a G5 case when you rack it, or for a million other reasons. There are dozens of G4 cases up for sale and auction all the time.[/QB]

I'm kinda with Coaster because of this line:

"said he was given an empty G5 case by a buddy (he declined to explain further)"

Sure, you could get a G5 from a lot of places, but why wouldn't you say "I got it from my buddy who racked his G5"?

The responses, if true, were obviously ridiculous.

Out,

kc

Originally posted by Dr. Taz:

Tron doesn't bother me. He reminds me a lot of somebody that's been "infesting" the guitar and political forums lately.

Actually, TRON is a lot cooler than Mr. NJGG. His issue is MAC Vs. PC, not "I'm a super-genius and you all suck". :rolleyes:

PS. It would be really cool to build a 10W tube amp inside a computer case! :thu:

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

i own several macs. do people like me steer you away?

Not you specifically, no. You aren't a dick about it at all.

the thing is, it doesnt bother me at all. i dont care what people do with what they own. that is their right.

case in point.

although admittedly it DOES bother me a little when people ruin classic cars.

Though, i agree with this too. Makes me a hypocrite, i spose ;)

Actually, TRON is a lot cooler than Mr. NJGG. His issue is MAC Vs. PC, not "I'm a super-genius and you all suck".

Naw, he's just trying to flame linux users once a month, with the typical "I'm a hardcore UNIX user and you linux guys are obviously jealous" stuff.

But hey. It's all trivial in the end, right?

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

I've been a MAc guy for years, tho I currently use a homebuilt AthlonXP box. I'm somewhat Mac-less at the moment (my wife has an iBook and iMac, and I gave my old iBook to one of her friends who needed a computer).

Personally, I find the concept of building a PC into an unwanted G5 case to be amusing. My PC could stand a facelift.... :D

Anybody who gets that emotionally bent out of shape over a damned machine is in dire need of a life. I love the Mac, but this is beyond absurd.

TP

---

Todd A. Phipps

"...no, I'm not a Hammondoholic...I can stop anytime..."

http://www.facebook.com/b3nut ** http://www.blueolives.com

Originally posted by phaeton:

Why would you let a few users that you don't like steer you away from a product?

I own a Mac. It's a useful tool. I also own a PC. It's also a useful tool. If I didn't own a Mac, I'd use the PC to do music. Why does it matter? I simply buy something that I can do good work on and then get on with it. Never once have I started to turn on my Mac and then thought, "Gee, I'd use this, but I sure don't like those Mac zealots..." I just fail to see why that matters.

I have recently seen a Macintosh converted into an aquarium. It was one of those aqua turquoise Macs with the round mice. Imac I believe??

It makes a nice aquarium and the fish don't mind. Would you believe that a Macintosh dealer is displaying such a sight?

Dan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2783809705&category=1287

Archived