Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dear Mr. Sadowsky...redux redux redux

_Sweet Willie_

Dear Mr. Sadowsky,

After a hiatus of a few years, it seems time to bring this topic back to life. You may remember what I believe might have been the last installment of the "Dear Mr. Sadowsky" series: 2011's letter. (I'll admit to not having done a thorough search for all the prior relevant threads.)

As these years have progressed, I have seen more milestones pass me by. This is most notable regarding my children's persistence at this silly "growing up" thing (like weeds, dammit), and their contributions alongside life's trials and tribulations to the increasing advance of gray hairs on my head (accompanied by other hairs just simply deciding to start fleeing from the very same head). When I first wrote one of these threads, I was still a bona fide "young man", and now I can safely say that I am a bona fide "middle aged man" and preparing to put yet another year of life in the rearview.

I still continue to admire your work. I still continue to see what fine musicians are creating with your fine instruments in their hands. You have set and maintained a standard of quality. Bravo, good sir! However, I do still find myself in the place that I was in in 2011. I have the instruments I need for the time being. As much as I would enjoy and play one of yours were you to gift me one, my maturation has led to a certain peace regarding my basses. I'm sure some of my peers would refer to this "maturation" as more akin to me "losing my marbles" in my advancing age. ("C'mon, man, don't you really want a Sadowsky?!")

So, if this is the year that you decide that a Sadowsky in honor of Sweet Willie's birth should be built, I'd like to suggest that it be a 4-string fretted Will Lee model with maple neck and fingerboard and ash body. I'd suggest a transparent orange stain on the body and a black pickguard. And then that you gift it to some bass player who may have lost his instrument(s) in a natural disaster or through some tragic event.

As always, I figured that it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks for tuning in, Roger. Belated best wishes on your birthday. May we both keep on keepin' on.

Peace.

--Willie

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have lost my instrument(s) in a natural disaster and through some tragic event, just sayin'.............

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

I think a sweet Willy Sadowski given as a charitable gift would be a wonderful statement.

Imposing orange on someone who has already lost so much may not be forgivable (just saying).

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Dear Mr. Sadowsky,

I feel that it would do you and your company's image a great service if you provide me a prime example of your nearest competitor's instrument. I am willing to serve as a prime example of everything that is wrong with them, a before picture, or "this could happen to you!" representation. If photography is involved I would be happy to provide copious amounts of Vaseline in which to smear on the lens so that my image may not be offensive to small children and the infirmed. I am also willing to provide sufficient hearing protection (combined use of ear plugs and shooting range quality earmuffs) to yourself personally in the event that my "ham-like" hands should accidentally touch any strings or moving parts. However, should that happen and any sound is generated for any length of time, I must warn you that we may need to deal with a sudden influx of villagers bearing pitchforks and torches. It's happened several times before so provisions must be made.

So Mr. Sadowsky, what do you say?

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived