Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

D.P. Lazy cover

Steve Nathan

I posted this in that D.P. thread that descended into a pissing match, then decided it might be missed by others (like me) that found that thread unbearable. This organ player is worth seeing imho.

Well this is fun. Maybe that's a ring modulator on this organ??

I forget this player's name (he's LA based I think), but he's dang good. My buddy Michael Rhodes on bass and some smokin' guitars. I start a new record with the singer (Australian Jimmy Barnes) and this producer (Kevin Shirley) next week.

He's doing all covers of old Soul and R&B :cool:

Right up my alley :)

[video:youtube]

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enjoy the session with Barnsey Steve. We do his version of River Deep from his first Soul covers session - Soul Deep.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Clayton Doley ?

I don't think so. I asked Michael who he was and that's not the name he said. I don't remember who he said it was, but I'm sure he did not say Clayton Doley. He did say he was an L.A. player (and I don't mean Lower Alabama) :laugh:

Well this is fun. Maybe that's a ring modulator on this organ??

I forget this player's name (he's LA based I think), but he's dang good. My buddy Michael Rhodes on bass and some smokin' guitars. I start a new record with the singer (Australian Jimmy Barnes) and this producer (Kevin Shirley) next week.

He's doing all covers of old Soul and R&B :cool:

Right up my alley :)

Cool video, Steve. I saw that same bass player on clips from Bonamassa's Red Rocks DVD, along with Anton Fig. They must be Joe's regular rhythm section when he can get them (Reese Wynans was playing keys on the Red Rocks gig. It was a tribute to Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf).

Anyway, I mentioned in that other thread, let us know when that record comes out. It sounds like it will be a blast! :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I liked it, Arlan was cookin...

Not to compare to Jon's playing which was a bit more syncopated!

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

I first heard Jimmie Barnes of Jon Lord's Live from the Basement with the Hootchie Cootchie Men.

Great singer.

Not in a position to listen to the video right now, but the original is one of my favorite songs (HATED the D P Live version)

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Interesting. Both more precise and less exciting than DP did it. The singer nails Ian far better than Ian has ever done Ian.

Organ is a bit too distorted for me - it kind of washes out in the mix and doesn't have that magic crystal shimmery presence that Jon got when he was not all Marshalled up.

This is a fun song to play live!

Moe

---

That drummer's really bothering me. All of Ian Paice's relentless playing on the front edge of the beat is gone here. Way too laid back.

Organ player's just rippin' it, though. Kickass player.

Anton Fig on drums.

It's a sterile cover, though the individual players are all obviously stellar.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

OK, now that I've heard this version, NICE!!

I thought everyone was right there.

It was kind of fun, though. My SK2 is set up next to my desk in my office, and I played along a little bit.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Archived