Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Thank You Busch: Puchased a Korg Kronos 2 Yesterday

AnthonyM

Ok - as some of you know, I've been pondering the purchase of a Korg Kronos for awhile, but finally ordered the 88 key version Korg Kronos 2 yesterday.

The modeled electric piano's and the Famous Songs Bank were a primary selling points for me, so I wanted to really thank Bill Busch on this forum for doing such stellar programming on the sounds used. I'm really looking forward to delving into this bank in particular once the keyboard arrives.

Since a lot of important 70's / 80's music was represented in these banks, this was really a major contribution.

"Thank You!" :2thu:

~ Anthony

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you to Busch from me too! Those banks have taken my Kronos X 61 to the next level.

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 
Falcon, UVI, Kontakt, Logic, PT

It's an amazing instrument that Korg has assembled. I'm curious though, from guys who bought the Kronos 1. How has it been holding up build quality wise?. Also, given that the design is much more similar to a PC, what do you think the life of the PCB and chips are?. The SSDs I'm guessing require backup storage with SSD life being what it is.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

My 88 is going 4 yrs strong

Keep in mind the Kronos does not rely on consumer grade components.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I have a Kronos 73 that was purchased just when they became available. No problems at all. Although I don't gig with it....
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

I bought mine so early that I had to drive to Chicago to buy a floor model, and it's still going strong - never any issue whatsoever.

I should add....my gigging has varied. Not nearly as much as I used to. But I've done lots of outdoor gigs and other tough environments, but realistically no more than a few times a month.

No complaints besides sample/file management, which a completely different discussion.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Famous Songs Bank...

"Thank You!" :2thu:

~ Anthony

Go to his website- www.purgatorycreek.com, and download the (free!) Famous Synth Sounds set. It contains far more great programs than are included on the new Kronos.

And they're all of the same high quality as those that come with the instrument.

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Oh my, just went through the demos.... those P.Creek sounds are niiiiiiiice. Now how am I ever going to get the scratch together for a Kronos. I need a plan, man! Has to be legal though!

I think the promo is over but when I got My Kronos SW was doing 36 months no interest. They may still be doing 24 months. It is through a SW credit card. Don't go one day over though or you will get reamed on the interest. I will probably take 6-10 months to pay mine off because I just dropped a bunch of money fixing the front end on my wife's mini van.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

yeah, when they do the 0 interest for 36, that's the time to do it. have to fix the compressor on the Mrs. hatchback before summer temps kick in too. always something... :Python:

I did that too. The A/C compressor was about to lock up. I thought the motor needed an overhaul but it was the AC compressor about to fall off. It was making awlful noises. If that AC compressor locks up it tears the heck out of things.... breaks the serpatine belt, send metal pieces into the AC unit.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Ha ha! I heard the noise, threw open the hood, knew it was the compressor pully right away. So, I grabbed a box cutter and sliced off the belt to the pully. Now it doesn't make a sound at all. Fixed! :)

No A/C though. But runs nice and quiet. Heh heh

K2 is definitely on my wishlist as well :)

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Thanks Joe - will definitely do that! Another forum member had also provided the links for these. Also looking forward to downloading the Clav and Electric Piano patches Bill has made available.

Thanks Again,

Anthony

Very cool Anthony. Thanks for the shout out. I'm betting the K2 works out well for you. I've got a K2 88 on order as well.

The Kronos community has a bunch of great stuff available. I'm just happy to be a contributor.

Busch.

Your welcome Bill, it's great to be in a community where so many people are passionate about music and the keyboard related instruments that have changed the landscape so to speak.

I don't contribute on this site as much as I should due to lack of time, but wanted to let you know I appreciated your work.

By the way, playing the patch for the Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" brought back memories.

My first "pro" keyboard was a Crumar T1 - I tried to emulate the sound by setting the tremolo half speed and using a phase shifter to alter the sound! It sounded pretty close all things considered.

Of course no one else in my band was interested in playing it, but that didn't stop me from playing the intro any chance I got!

~ Anthony

Archived