Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Suggestion for Forum

BbAltered

Hello. The thread on the Richard Tee video got me thinking: wouldn't it be great if the forum had a "sticky thread" which contained links to great teaching/training material (like the Richard Tee video) that lots of keyboardist will want to see?

So Forum Admin: can we get such a thread present at the top of the page to become a true "repository" of cool teaching/training materials for keyboard players?

Your thoughts?

J.S. Bach Well Tempered Klavier

The collected works of Scott Joplin

Ray Charles Genius plus Soul

Charlie Parker Omnibook

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life

Weather Report Mr. Gone

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea in principle...but here's the problem - who gets to decide what goes there? I don't want that responsibility... :idk:

More than once, we've had folks looking to promote themselves, their mad skillz and their web sites come by here posting video after video. While some of the material on the videos have been valuable, the whole self promotion thing has just ended up going too far, and I've actually had to ban a few of them...and, as most folks here know only too well, I just hate having to be the police.

One more thing - there are already too many sticky threads at the top of the forum, IMO - only a very few current threads are visible "above the fold"...so I'd kind of like to avoid any more stickies, if possible.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I just hate having to be the police.

...unless there's some Cars mixed in. :rimshot:

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I've been bad....really bad. She needs to punish me,

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived