Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DLQ Legend Video Musikmesse 2015

JohnnyB3

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thx for sharing,- looks and sounds really good to me !

I don´t speak italian,- did he mention availability and price ?

A.C.

not yet....

by the way, really quick translation:

- new dsp

- new organ models (3 models)

- new keyclick

- new overdrive (2 different models)

- new leslie simulation (2 different models)

- new reverb (2 different models)

waiting for more info :2thu:

Thx for sharing,- looks and sounds really good to me !

I don´t speak italian,- did he mention availability and price ?

A.C.

not yet....

by the way, really quick translation:

- new dsp

- new organ models (3 models)

- new keyclick

- new overdrive (2 different models)

- new leslie simulation (2 different models)

- new reverb (2 different models)

waiting for more info :2thu:

Thank you !

A.C.

wow , fantastic , and recorded live , not even strait to the board , very analogue . best sounding clone on the planet ?

Yes, sounds fantastic !

Best clone on the planet ? Don´t know ...

It´s a matter of taste always and competitors don´t sleep.

We all know Crumar Mojo sounds great too and the other boutique companies do serious update/upgrade work too:

HX3 mk IV

they also partnered up w/ others for the haptics ...

UHL organs for HX3

Prototype models,- these will be anthracite finish and have HX3 mk IV already built in in may.

Final website will be launched in may too.

But the KeyB Legend looks professional and real already NOW !

I think it´s the closest to the original Hammond console haptics you can find.

A.C.

+1 on the HX3 Expander and the soon to be released UHL board w/HX3. I have the HX3 MK3 Expander and just ordered a MK4 expander for a studio I work with - they sound fantastic. Of course I dig my MOJO also, but the HX3 has become my first choice for gigs and recording. In fact I just did a gig last weekend with the MOJO as a controller for the HX3 expander. They sync up perfectly. That was a ton of fun.

But I'd love to try out the KeyB Legend and their other models sometime when they get US distribution.

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 
Falcon, UVI, Kontakt, Logic, PT

Hi all,

I spoke to Elvio at length last night. The Legend got a great reception at Messe apparently. The price is going to be 3000 Euro.

The weight has been reduced to 20kg.

I've embedded the video below (no offence JohnnyB3)

Darren

[video:youtube]

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

Hi all,

I spoke to Elvio at length last night. The Legend got a great reception at Messe apparently. The price is going to be 3000 Euro.

The weight has been reduced to 20kg.

That´s tempting !

Did KeyB consider distributors or is it direct sales exclusively ?

A.C.

Hi folks,

the KeyB Legend looks nice and tempting.

Original layout.

The MAG P2 is still not finished and will be about 4000 Euros,

so the price of the Legend is very competitive.

The sound in the video is nice....

Too bad I had no time to go to Messe this year!

:-((((

I hope KeyB will invest a bit more in marketing and customer

communication. I tried to buy a KeyB Master to control my

HX3 Expander but was not able to.......

Hi Dave Osoff! I think the Legend would be a great controller

for the HX3 too!

;-)

Grüsse

Markus

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

+1 on the HX3 Expander and the soon to be released UHL board w/HX3. I have the HX3 MK3 Expander and just ordered a MK4 expander for a studio I work with - they sound fantastic. Of course I dig my MOJO also, but the HX3 has become my first choice for gigs and recording. In fact I just did a gig last weekend with the MOJO as a controller for the HX3 expander.

How would you compare the Mojo and HX3 in terms of sound?

I know it's a bit difficult to describe sound in writing but anyway...

Also, do you run the HX3 thru the Vent live?

I'm seriously considering a HX3 but don't what to use as controller for it

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

There is a company in Czech Republic that makes clone using Hx3 ("...sound engine has been designed by Carsten Meyer the father of HX-3...") - Mag Custom Organs: http://www.magorgans.com

Just only to prevent misinformation:

Carsten Meyer is the father of the HX3, yes,- but he doesn´t create derivates of the original HX3 organ engine.

A HX3 is a HX3 and up to now there are earlier sold and different hardware revisions like mk II and mk III out there, but mk IV is what we get now.

So, all the boutique companies building organ controllers or enclosures w/ the more or less right haptics, then choose for a HX3 engine, they will sound the same IMO.

It might depend on how many soundparameters will be accessible for the end-user in realtime though, which itself depends on the design and layout of the individual haptics.

An important point will be if internal sound triggering will be realized by MIDI or directly by Fatar scan boards.

THIS is a manufacturer´s decision.

In future, you can possibly buy organ MIDI controllers w/ HX3 build in, but triggered by MIDI just like the expander module and/or you can buy an organ w/ direct triggered engine and MIDI is just only for the outside world then.

Now I don´t know how internal triggering in a KeyB Legend works and I remember Jim Alfredson reported the feel of latency when testing/playing a earlier KeyB or NUMA organ.

Can´t remember exactly but it´s the same engine anyway.

HX3 and KeyB both sound great and the keys-to-sound connectivity eventually needs a comparison.

I understood (please correct me if I´m wrong !) the Crumar Mojo using the Intel motherboard/processor combo is MIDI internally throughout.

It´s also optimized for minimum latency though, but there could be a difference compared to a FPGA engine

I´d say any engine running on a FPGA like HX3 w/ keys connected directly to the mainboard will introduce almost NO latency.

But it can be KeyB Legend works similar.

Maybe someone has more and better tech info.

EUR 3K for that kind of console clone and w/ this sound is a very fair price.

I now wonder if the other boutique companies can compete w/ that price when building instruments for HX3 (mkIV) engine.

Finally, I wouldn´t buy from Czech Republik when I can get a HX3 clone in germany.

I´m also not sure if I´d buy something from Italy when I get similar gear directly in germany.

In the end and when I have to decide where to buy what, again quickest possible service/repair becomes an important point.

A.C.

Just re-listened to the video on better speakers.

I must admit that the Legend sounds really great.

Overdrive, Leslie, Keyclick...... very nice.

Seems that the collaberation with ultrafunk pays out.

Full set of drawbars, most important parameters tweakable with pots,

Well done!

Would like to test one....

:2thu:

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

The Legend video demo is great. It sounds like they have improved on a lot of the things I haven't ever liked about the KeyB. It always sounded "weak in the knees" to me. The Legend sounds much better.

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

I can't say exactly what jim alfredson was hearing but for the record , the keyb latency question was settled - there is

no latency between the keyb's sound engine and it's keyboards

Thx, good to know !

A.C.

I think it's direct. He doesn't have a US distributor yet. I'm handling sales in Australia, but that's a tiny market. Maybe someone in here should apply to be the US distributor.

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

• 1 month later...
check out keyb's facebook page , there's a brief video of

pat bianchi on the legend . it's through a 122 , sounds fantastic

I'll bet it does. If there was a video of Pat Bianchi playing a DX7 through a 122 that would sound fantastic also. :D

:nopity:

... Pat Bianchi playing a DX7 through a 122 that would sound fantastic also. :D

I guess, that would work thru a Roland KC amp too,- and don´t expect any modulation or room FX in the ballpark ! :D

A.C.

Archived