Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rhodes Patch on Yamaha Motif

sagetunes

Recently I borrowed a Motif XS7. I'm in love with a specific Rhodes patch--Dyno Straight MW+AS2, #37. Does this patch exist on the original Motif Rack, and will it sound exactly the same (with the same editability)?

Also, Does anyone have a link to the patch list of each Motif. I've had trouble finding this.

Thanks,

Rich

Hammond B-2, Leslie 122, Hammond Sk1 73, Korg BX3 2001, Leslie 900, Motion Sound Pro 3, Polytone Taurus Elite, Roland RD300 old one, Roland VK7, Fender Rhodes Mark V with Roland JC90

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing that might be different is the XS went to 8 tones per patch vs 4 on the original Motif and Motif ES. So things like key release may not be on the original. I had an S90ES and S70XS and many of the patches were the same.

Here's a link to documentation for the original Motif.

http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=usa.yamaha.com&language=en&category_id1=16277&category_id2=16381&category_id3=&product_id=623453

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Thanks Dan.

By chance, do you know if RESONANCE is editable on the original? That Rhodes sounds killer with the resonance jacked up.

Hammond B-2, Leslie 122, Hammond Sk1 73, Korg BX3 2001, Leslie 900, Motion Sound Pro 3, Polytone Taurus Elite, Roland RD300 old one, Roland VK7, Fender Rhodes Mark V with Roland JC90

your welcome.. I'm sure you can edit the resonance.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Archived