Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pianoteq Releases Hohner Collection

Markay

Pianoteq have released the Hohner Collection which includes Electro Piano and Pianet T. More details here .

Will download and give it a spin tonight.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooooh, Pianet!

Listening to the demos now...

Man, those 'P. De Ridder' examples are superb - 'Creatures From Another Planet' reminds me of some of the late 60's Quincy Jones stuff penned for Ironside! ;)

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Figured they would get around to doing more on the D6, etc.

I was in their BETA group years back with the first clavinet and asked to have options for muting notes individually instead of globally and shocked that a week later they made it.

Been my go to for Grand, Upright, Harpsichord, D6, Rhodes, Tubular Bells and 200A for years now.

Really sound great through the Spacestation vrs. 3.

The only thing I do with PTeq instruments is tweak the mic placements for live work.

Seems their stock presets are more for headphone/nearfield guys.

Do report back on this and thanks.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Pianoteq have released the Hohner Collection which includes Electro Piano and Pianet T.

this is cool. Since it is a separately purchased instrument pack, it is now more in line with the Rhodes/Wurli pack as far as what you get for what you pay. I'll need to upgrade to 5.2 and then download the new package. Got quite a few other irons in the fire. Gonna be a minute.

:nopity:

I might have to look into this. I recently added PianoTeq to my list of purchased VST instruments.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Yep, I expect they will add the N with a future update.

They can hire my N for a small fee :cool:

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Yep, I expect they will add the N with a future update.

They can hire my N for a small fee :cool:

excellent. I believe the Pianoteq people are in France. Quick trip through "The Chunnel" and everybody is happy. :thu:

Had quick play of the Electra and Pianet. Stayed mostly with the regular or basic versions to get an idea of how they sound without effects. The character of each shines through. I particularly liked the Electra. There are about 8 stock variations for the Electra and Pianet. A selection of these stock variations are showcased in the audio samples. Lots of options for tweaking which is Pianoteq staple.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Had quick play of the Electra and Pianet.

I also managed to spend a few minutes with these last night. They are good. Nothing new with the Clavinet model. Pianoteq finally added a phase shifter to their effects pallet. That's a step in the right direction. :thu:

Don't need these but for the sake of supporting developers.

This company has definitely become a great artist support group.

They listen to their customers and seem to have no lack of skills when it comes to faithful reproductions of instruments.

I would love to see them do a Hammond B3, but don't waste time on the Leslie as we all have our own devices or hardware for that.

Nail that scanner so it isn't so tremolo-y...

• 5 months later...
"The Hohner Collection is tested and authorized by Hohner." :2thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

:cool:

But,- sometimes I ask myself and not only because of that collection and even they sound authentic enough,-

"Who needs all these sounds ?"

When I remember the times from mid 60s until today, I was always happy getting rid of the old electromagnetic technology which became unreliable soon by heavy usage and it´s sonic quality became questionable too.

The only Hohner instrument I found usable at all was the Clavinet D6, which I owned for decades, serviced, modified and ran through a myriad of stomp boxes to make it interesting.

In fact, there are so many different sounds you can get out of a clavinet connected to different floor-FX and different amplification, no one will be able to capture all this in a lifetime or two.

Is the same like trying modelling or sample guitars and electric bass w/ FX, amps and speaker combinations,- these are endless.

The Pianet-T sounded like s##t always, the N sounds much better,- but the Wurli sounds extremely better IMO and I also prefered a good condition Fender Rhodes mkI over any Hohner electric piano.

The Clavinet D6 was the only one delivering something the others couldn´t.

So give me a good grand piano, a good Rhodes and good Wurli as well as a good Clav D6 and I´m done.

Also give me a great sounding Hammond (- clone) and 2 or 3 quality synths and I cannot imagine I´d be unable to get any sound out of all these I´d need for a live performance or music production.

In hardware, that would be a killer rig.

Original, sampled or modelled,- they work all more or less,- but collecting plugins & libraries is not the holy grail at all.

A.C.

Wow, kudos to Pianoteq! Looks like I have to pick this up now. I think it's the best fake N that I've heard so far.

I would love to have the real thing but Ns are pretty rare, at least compared to Wurlis, Clavs, etc. It's also more of a quirky niche instrument, as opposed to the more versatile Wurli or Rhodes.

:cool:

But,- sometimes I ask myself and not only because of that collection and even they sound authentic enough,-

"Who needs all these sounds ?"

When I remember the times from mid 60s until today, I was always happy getting rid of the old electromagnetic technology which became unreliable soon by heavy usage and it´s sonic quality became questionable too.

The only Hohner instrument I found usable at all was the Clavinet D6, which I owned for decades, serviced, modified and ran through a myriad of stomp boxes to make it interesting.

In fact, there are so many different sounds you can get out of a clavinet connected to different floor-FX and different amplification, no one will be able to capture all this in a lifetime or two.

Is the same like trying modelling or sample guitars and electric bass w/ FX, amps and speaker combinations,- these are endless.

The Pianet-T sounded like s##t always, the N sounds much better,- but the Wurli sounds extremely better IMO and I also prefered a good condition Fender Rhodes mkI over any Hohner electric piano.

The Clavinet D6 was the only one delivering something the others couldn´t.

So give me a good grand piano, a good Rhodes and good Wurli as well as a good Clav D6 and I´m done.

Also give me a great sounding Hammond (- clone) and 2 or 3 quality synths and I cannot imagine I´d be unable to get any sound out of all these I´d need for a live performance or music production.

In hardware, that would be a killer rig.

Original, sampled or modelled,- they work all more or less,- but collecting plugins & libraries is not the holy grail at all.

A.C.

Al

This is called consumerism.

I agree with your point of view, we need much less than what is offered to us.

But again... That's just you and me.

And remember: many people make a living out of this "fake" need, so let it be..

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

I bet they have it sounding rather large.

They did this with the 200A model really well.

Definately beefy and destroys samples or PCMs.

On the Rhodes they did this but ruined any chance of solo'ing on upper octaves while comping.

Tried to enhance upper octaves since the mid range was so perfect but its not possible.

The trade off is OK for non solo parts but forget about playing it like "Top Of The World" or Spain by Chick.

Hopefully the Hohners have been qualified as well as the 200A.

I did suceed in making the Upright perfect for Trio work.

So Pianoteq 5 Pro is a great pice of software.

Developers really do listen to the BETA cats.

Just listening to these new N demos - such a great sound! ;)

Again, kudos to P. De Ridder for the effort that goes into his demos!

It's Creatures From Another pianet (!)

Ah, of course it is! How did I miss that?

Apologies for sounding like a broken record, but the Jazz Crusaders 'Lighthouse 69' live album (incredibly, still unavailable on CD) is my all time favourite recording featuring the late genius Joe Sample on a particularly 'crunchy' sounding Pianet N:

[video:youtube]

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkR1yq7AYcc

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEgOJYyFJHk

Might have to pick up this Pianoteq add-on!

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

I upgraded last night but then forgot to try it as I and other updates going on.

I remember trying the "T" earlier and not being impressed. The "N" was the one I wanted all along. It's also rarely covered by sample libraries (especially in depth), as those also tend to focus on the "T". I guess the latter are more plentiful?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Ann P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico Bari, Dano Bari

Select Strat/Tele, Am Pro Jazzmaster, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, T64, PM2, EXL1, XK4, Voyager

The "N" was the one I wanted all along. It's also rarely covered by sample libraries (especially in depth),a s those also tend to focus on the "T". I guess the latter are more plentiful?

More likely all the Ns fell apart. Once the foam sticky pads deteriorated they stopped working.

Moe

---

Archived