Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Deal alert: BMP based VFE Fiery Red Horse fuzztortion

Caevan O’Shite

If you like "triangle"-era EH Big Muff Pi fuzz/distortion pedals, you will LOVE the VFE Fiery Red Horse "Saturated Fuzz". It's based on the triangle BMP, with more gain available, VERY quiet operation, and LOADS of tweaking features...

(No, I'm not the seller, nor connected in any way other than owning and loving an identical pedal.)

This guy's selling a used VFE Fiery Red Horse "Saturated Fuzz" through Reverb for $110 (or "make an offer", I bet you could work 'im down) w/free shipping.

VFE Fiery Red Horse Fuzz Free Shipping on Reverb

____ jevttpt6byblciii7rdc.jpg

I'll point out that this is the V1 model, differing in a few features from the current V2 model; I personally PREFER the V1 iteration and its features, and very deliberately sought out and bought one even though the new model was out. There's nothing wrong with the new V2 model, it's just a matter of personal preference and what features are most useful for a given player.

Secondly, I'll point out that this pedal is an extremely versatile upgrade from a vintage EH Big Muff Pi; it's very low-noise yet has high output capability and a LOT of gain on tap. It's capable of smooth Gilmour tones as well as wilder classic BMP sounds, and with some knob and switch twiddling can also veer into '60s-ish fuzz tones like "Satisfaction", Jimmy and Jimi, etc. The keys to its versatility lie in its Power (voltage-starvation for specific components in the circuit, also simulates the character-effects of a dying battery), Mid, and A/L/S (Diode selection) controls, as well as more and very useable range on the Sustain (gain/fuzztortion), Level (output-volume), and Tone knobs. There's even an internal trimmer for the brightness of the pilot-light LED. Sounds and feels great into either a clean amp, or an overdriven/distorted amp for "MORE". EXTREMELY versatile!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, sure - just as I'm put on a purchasing moratorium...

:D

I just thought that, as I can easily give this pedal a serious thumbs-up, I should let peoples know about this opportunity for a decent price on a used but like-new specimen. It may not be cheap, but it's more affordable than many a "boutique" offering- and it's right up there in "boutique" quality and bells-and-whistles.

I was on a gear purchasing moratorium.

Well, I was... :facepalm: :idk :rolleyes::D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived