Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Onstage KS7150 Table Stand for Keyboards

I'm considering purchasing this table stand for my Casio Privia PX-5S but am unsure how sturdy it might be. I've seen some reviews in Amazon but I'd like the opinion of anyone who might have it here and uses it either at home or at gigs. I would like to use it at church with the KSA7500 Second Tier. I still haven't purchased the second tier board but that is in process. Is it recommended?

Here are the links for both: http://www.amazon.com/Stage-KS7150-Table-Keyboard-Stand/dp/B000EXIMFI

http://www.amazon.com/Stage-KSA7500-Second-Keyboard-Stands/dp/B0002E3DNU/ref=pd_sim_MI_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1HX7170840KXSKF0GFV5

Kawai MP7SE ::: Yamaha CK-61 ::: Novation Launchkey 61 ::: Roland CM-30 Speaker ::: Ipad Mini 5 with a lot of apps for live playing (Hammond B3-X, PianoTeq 8 iOS, Korg Module, Thumbjam, etc.)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm considering purchasing this table stand for my Casio Privia PX-5S but am unsure how sturdy it might be. I've seen some reviews in Amazon...

Amazon Lawsuit Takes On Fake Reviewers

Story from Forbes.com

Are you tired of your products not being seen, tired of competitors leaving bad reviews? The solution is simple. Buy Amazon reviews. You can have unlimited 4 and 5 star reviews this week. Our skilled writers look at your product, look at your competitors products and then write state of the art reviews that will be sure to generate sales for you.

+++++

Welcome to the forum.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I have a couple of these, never had any instability problems.

I have the second tier and a microphone adapter. The stands fold easily and are light. There are better stands out there but not at that price, and unlike X stands you have room for multiple pedals. The second tier works well but you can't get it real close to the lower board.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

The second tier works well but you can't get it real close to the lower board.

How far away is the second tier from the lower tier? Is it a large difference? Does it make playing the top board uncomfortable or hard? I have not encountered a picture anywhere that gives me an idea of how the stand with the second tier attached looks like with boards on it. If the difference in height is too much, would you say it is better not to get the second tier unit? I play sitting all the time, if that helps.

Kawai MP7SE ::: Yamaha CK-61 ::: Novation Launchkey 61 ::: Roland CM-30 Speaker ::: Ipad Mini 5 with a lot of apps for live playing (Hammond B3-X, PianoTeq 8 iOS, Korg Module, Thumbjam, etc.)

Sorry for the slight deviation to the topic, but I've been looking for something to hold a rack.

I see that the KS7150 goes as little as 29 inches wide. It seems to me that it would be a pretty good stand for holding a smaller (about 6 U maybe) rack of gear. Does anyone think this is a bad idea?

Thank you!

davyyd

I can't check it now, but the base of the second board is about 6 to 8 inches above the lower board. Though it can be angled downward. Its not uncomfortable or hard, some people prefer the second board to be real close like a dual manual organ.

When I compare to the picture mate_stubb posted in this thread. On my rig the top board (VR-09) keys are about where the crummar logo is on his top board. If I angle it downward I get closer but I prefer a level board. So its not too high in my opinion. But I have seen people on KC who have the bottom of the second board practically sitting on the first, which is what I would prefer on my SV1 since the controls on it face forward.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

I love the KS7150.

I did a home-brew 2nd tier solution that I've detailed here:

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2461221/Re_Flat_top_88_key_midicontrol#Post2461221

Some more general thoughts on the stand here:

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2647223/Re_Recommend_a_table_type_stan#Post2647223

Can't speak to the official 2nd tier kit, and I'm also not sure my solution would work for you - depends on dimensions/weight of your top board, and how its feet would interact with the control panel on the PX-5S.

I'm considering purchasing this table stand for my Casio Privia PX-5S but am unsure how sturdy it might be. I've seen some reviews in Amazon...

Amazon Lawsuit Takes On Fake Reviewers

Story from Forbes.com

Are you tired of your products not being seen, tired of competitors leaving bad reviews? The solution is simple. Buy Amazon reviews. You can have unlimited 4 and 5 star reviews this week. Our skilled writers look at your product, look at your competitors products and then write state of the art reviews that will be sure to generate sales for you.

+++++

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah there are fake reviews on Amazon, but I looked at the reviews for this stand -- a vast majority are from Verified Buyers and/or are obviously written by keyboard players so they seem pretty legit. Of course read the 1, 2 and 3 star reviews as they will usually tell you the weak points in the product.

I like Amazon a lot - we use them a lot for our business and I buy a lot of smaller music accessories from them. Yes there is some junk, but with their liberal return policy I don't worry too much about the odd bad egg that slips through.

I second Rovito. If possible please post a picture of how the second tier connects to the main stand. From the pictures I've seen it makes no sense how one would go with the other.

I use one of these for my C2D. Works well for me as I use PK7a foot pedals (20 key). Very stable, but like mate stubb I hate the second tier; never could get it level or even, plus it's not height adjustable.

chas

Legend Exp,NC2x,Crumar Seven,KeyB Duo MK111,Nord C1,Nord C2D,Triton Classic,Fantom G7,Motif ES,SonicCell,BK7m,PA1x pro,VP770,TC Helicon,Leslie 3300,MS Pro145,EV SXA250(2),Traynor K4,PK7a,A70,DM10 Pro.

Here's the back view of the stand (note, in this picture, the stand is upside down on the floor):

11650_KS7150_OSS_zoom.jpg

Note the small 1" square hole in the tubing, where the second tier is inserted.

Here's the second tier:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/musical-instruments/detail-page/B0002E3DNU_img1.jpg

Archived