Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NE 2 problem

Chris Link

The B just below middle C makes no sound, but only with the pianos. The organ works fine.

Simple do it yourself fix?

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably one of the velocity sensors under the key (velocity is measured with two sensors, and the time between the trigger of both). That's why the organ works. Every time I repaired my old roland A33, i just had to clean it. However, sometimes the get torn.

Try this vid:

it's 40 mins so I didn't watch it all, so I can't tell you if it's truly accurate...
I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

My guess is that it's still the keyboard. The organ should just be using the top trigger, but the pianos use the first and second to determine velocity. The second trigger is probably dirty. I'm sure people have talked about disassembling an Electro to clean the key contacts. Or you can be like me and just do it. I'm crazy that way. :freak:

(I've never opened my NE2, but I'm sure it's not rocket science.)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks one and all. Finally got around to opening up the Electro and cleaning the contact. Piece of cake following the video to make sure I did the steps in the correct order.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Archived