Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rick Wakeman Takes Requests on Planet Rock - Hysterical

HammondDave

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always enjoyed hearing Rick Wakeman Talk , he is often very funny without even trying.

He tells some hilarious stories about his travels , one where he got the skitters in Japan once :D

This is funny as hell, Rick interviews son Adam :D >

Brett

Enjoy!

[video:youtube]

Excellent Dave given the first question I shared it with a mate who runs Glasgow Apollo legacy FB page. Its linked on that site now.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Here is his interview with his son, Adam...

[video:youtube]

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400; Wurlitzer 200; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module

This 'bout had me on the floor, regarding sex with prog rock in the background: "You have to find sections that don't have lots of different time signatures, because there have been extremely nasty accidents....and 13/8's not good...."

Then there was his brief rendition of 'Three Blind Mice' in five different keys. Funny man, indeed !

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

This 'bout had me on the floor, regarding sex with prog rock in the background: "You have to find sections that don't have lots of different time signatures, because there have been extremely nasty accidents....and 13/8's not good...."

I loved when he said that he rarely gets past the introductions... LOL

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400; Wurlitzer 200; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module

I can only imagine the weird personality dynamic within Yes. Can you imagine "Bawdy" Rick in the same room with "New Age" Jon Anderson?

He tells a pretty hilarious story about ordering a big Xmas dinner for himself while all the vegans in the band ate celery stalks, and about how said vegans snuck back one at a time to sample his dinner.

From his book "Grumpy Old Rock Star" which I have to find. Love that story!

He tells a pretty hilarious story about ordering a big Xmas dinner for himself while all the vegans in the band ate celery stalks, and about how said vegans snuck back one at a time to sample his dinner.

From his book "Grumpy Old Rock Star" which I have to find. Love that story!

Utterly hilarious book - made me cry with laughter.!! (You can read kindle books on any iPad.... :) )

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grumpy-Old-Rock-Star-Wondrous-ebook/dp/B0038LB3ZE

http://www.amazon.com/Grumpy-Old-Rock-Star-Wondrous-ebook/dp/B0038LB3ZE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1429090253&sr=8-2&keywords=rick+wakeman+grumpy+old+rock+star

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Archived