Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC saves big bucks in repair bills.

ksoper

It took me a couple of hours, but using a tear-down guide found on the Keyboard Corner I

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...was kidnapped by The Illuminati before I could undermine the lucrative market in keyboard repairs?

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

.....found my fourth Balinese nose flute.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

...realized that the device used the same rotten solder that cratered a run of Chromas back when, which I solved with a few whacks from a body mallet. Voila, a new pop-art sculpture for the wall.

"Whatever you now find weird, ugly, uncomfortable and nasty about a new medium

will surely become its signature.

CD distortion, the jitteriness of digital video, the crap sound of 8-bit –

all of these will be cherished and emulated as soon as they can be avoided."
      ~ Brian Eno, 1996

....forgot to unplug the keyboard and touched line voltage.

Line voltage aint that bad ... in the US where we use that 110 girlie power.

Some of the voltage inside Hammond, tube amps etc.... can really bite your ass. Especially faulty tube amps that may come into the shop because some issue is causing voltages to run too high. There was a Fender Princeton in the shop a few weeks ago that should have measure around 350 volts at one point in its circuit but the tech was reading 786!.

The anode on old TV set picture tubes could really kick your ass. Whether it was plugged in or not .... did not matter if it hadn't been bled.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

....forgot to unplug the keyboard and touched line voltage.

Some of the voltage inside Hammond, tube amps etc.... can really bite your ass.

I got a 400V kick once, some 25 years ago, from a defective bar fridge, just before a gig. Fortunately, the singer was with me... he saved my life by pushing me abruptly away. I will never forget the feeling.... I heard a very loud noise in my head, like a very large dog barking... Afterward, I started *running* around, then I couldn't speak for a couple of minutes. And I played that gig anyway.

And everybody said they've never heard you play so well.

Then the effect wore off, you went back to your usual sucky self and you've spent your whole life trying to recreate that without killing yourself...

Oh, wait. Did I do that??

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

fixed the key contact issue I've been having with my RD-700sx, dead notes that would come back after some repeated striking. I think the actual thread concerned a Kurzweil, but the rubber contact strips appeared identical. The only PITA was removing the entire action, but once the contact boards were exposed the fix was quick and easy. Whoever posted that thread, thanks!

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Archived