Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KIDS! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! LOL!

webe123

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1,000 Ouches! That does bring back memories of your old thread Caevan...how's that repair holding up?

Very well, thank-you! The lacquer on the repair-site has shrunk- as it will, that's normal and expected- and in doing so, a couple of spots on the face of the headstock, near the edge, are showing where the break was; it just looks like a ding in the finish. Originally the repair was all but totally invisable, Eric Aceto did an expert job. It has held up solidly ever since, I have every confidence in its integrity and durability. Eric cautioned me not to hang it by the headstock in a stand or hanger- not because of the repair itself, but because the fresher nitrocellulose-lacquer would stretch and would take years to thoroughly cure. When this happens, when the lacquer stretches over the surface of the wood, air will actually be sucked out of the wood-grain to be seen beneath the surface of the finish as shiny, silvery areas! :crazy:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

+1,000 Ouches! That does bring back memories of your old thread Caevan...how's that repair holding up?

Very well, thank-you! The lacquer on the repair-site has shrunk- as it will, that's normal and expected- and in doing so, a couple of spots on the face of the headstock, near the edge, are showing where the break was; it just looks like a ding in the finish. Originally the repair was all but totally invisable, Eric Aceto did an expert job. It has held up solidly ever since, I have every confidence in its integrity and durability. Eric cautioned me not to hang it by the headstock in a stand or hanger- not because of the repair itself, but because the fresher nitrocellulose-lacquer would stretch and would take years to thoroughly cure. When this happens, when the lacquer stretches over the surface of the wood, air will actually be sucked out of the wood-grain to be seen beneath the surface of the finish as shiny, silvery areas! :crazy:

That's Great News! Glad you get to hold her in your arms again! :thu:

Take care, Larryz

Archived