Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Digitech Vocalist Live vs TC Helicon Harmony-G XT

CentrlNJGuitar

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome aboard CentrlNJ! If you sound like Buffet, you don't need one...If you sound like Petty you better buy one LOL!

That model runs about $289 and you should call it up on line and read the reviews and also check out the demos on YouTube.

I'm not a fan of Harmonizers for live performances as I've heard them used by other solo artists. They usually over use them and the audience keeps looking around for those ghosts that are doing the harmony...

I had a buddy that used one (different brand but same concept) and I got to try it out. It was a lot of fun, especially hearing what I sounded like if I was a chick singer LOL! I think they are great practice tools and if they teach you to sing harmony, they would be worth having...good luck and have fun with it! :cool:

Take care, Larryz

This sounds like the perfect message thread to ask this. I have a flat, bland, totally Godawful singing voice. I've seen some of the vocal processors in the Sweetwater catalog, and I've been wondering if anybody makes one that can change the sound of my voice into something that actually sounds pleasant. I don't need harmonies, because three of me would sound three times as bad as one of me. I don't want to spend more than $300 or so, since this is just for me to record a few songs and have fun with it. Any suggestions?
I rock; therefore, I am.

I would take a trip with a set of headphones down to your local GC and try on a few voice correction devices. They have a model by Roland for less than $200 that looks interesting. The company on this thread also has a live version that you can find demos of on YouTube. There is another normal pedal sized one that also looks interesting. I would sing into them in an amp/guitar demo booth with head phones and see if they actually improve your voice before laying out any bucks...from the demos on YouTube I just don't hear that much improvement as they use talented singers to begin with. Your ears will tell the story. Forget about using the Reverb, Echo/Delay as most singers abuse these effects anyway, trying to put lipstick on a pig (pun intended)

Dial in a little bit of verb and forget the harmonies...using the pitch control, see if it helps your voice. If not, pass!

Singers are just as gifted as guitar players. With guitars you can always improve, with your voice, you have what God intended. Some people are tone deaf and no machine is really going to help that. Don't forget to try some vocal lessons. Some people who think they can't...can, so never give up! Just my IMHO and I'm sure there are karaoke DJ's and other sound men that can give you some other equipment ideas...next time you're out on the town, ask them. I'll bet they have to clean up vocals all the time and may help you with your PA settings. Also, try your vocals in the day, outside and at night. Conditions change just like singing in the shower at different times of the day...Good Luck with it and have fun! :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Archived