Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Justin Havu

Got the replacement battery for my QS6.2 today. Just finished installing it and now the keyboard, other than slider A which is still a bit finicky, works like a charm.

Hardware

Yamaha DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1/Roland VR-760/Hydrasynth Deluxe/

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 5/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX

My 5D came with 3 discs of sample library, 1 is grand pianos (incl. Silver Grand), 2 is uprights, harpsichords, elec pianos, clavinet, synth pianos, 3 is Mellotron, Chamberlin, Fairlight, and chinese orchestra (!). Discs are dated Feb. 2016.

I'm going to be playing in the mud for quite some time.

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Got the replacement battery for my QS6.2 today. Just finished installing it and now the keyboard, other than slider A which is still a bit finicky, works like a charm.

While it's fresh in your mind, what's the battery type? I need to open my spare 7.1 to replace the pitch/mod wheels in hopes of eliminating some pitch drift, and I might as well change out the battery while I'm in there. I have the service manual on .pdf but it only refers to it being a +5V. Let me know if you'd like a copy for reference.

You should also grab a copy of this Alesis QS Unofficial Repair Guide.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

This:

whitebg_topdown_02_KMix_72dpi_011216.jpg

I've been looking for a combination mixer/interface for my live setup for quite a while, and this looks like just the thing.

FedEx dropped it off 30 minutes before I had to leave for work, in that time, I hooked it up to my Mac Mini, downloaded the editor software and a firmware update, plugged in a couple of hardware synths, fired up Mainstage, and it just totally worked! tweaked a couple of settings, and I had a stereo return from MS, plus one stereo and one mono keyboard, all being mixed from the front panel. The smart fabric that they use for the sliders and knobs is really responsive. There are no moving parts whatsoever. The case is made of metal with a rubberized coating, feels pretty substantial. I didn't look into any of the interface settings, but just out of the box, there was no noticeable latency. And it sounded great! Hoping to use it on gigs in the next few weeks.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad216/tonysounds/novation-ultranova-582860.png

http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/10071/260171_009.jpg

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I've gotten a lot of new stuff recently but probably the single biggest purchase was the set of Barefoot Audio mm45's

http://barefootsound.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Unknown.png

Those are some bad mammer jammers.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a sit/stand stool for playing shorter gigs. I decided it would only be for shorter gigs after using it for 3+ hours last Saturday. While my hips feel better after using it, my butt does not. The On Stage DT8500 guitarist/keyboardist stool I've been using for the past 5 years doesn't adjust incrementally enough, and was damaging my left hip. Even so, I just ordered a new one of those from B&H for the very low price of $65, to have around for longer gigs.

This sit/stand "active seating" stool was $199 from Amazon.com. It's very cool, fully adjustable height-wise, 360 spin, and compact for transport. I suspect that $75 of the price is the uniqueness, since the materials aren't much different from a regular office chair you would get from Office Depot: hydraulic lift, heavy plastic base, bicycle-type seat instead of legs and pleather. I suspect I will keep it - gonna play some more gigs with it and see.

https://www.amazon.com/Wobble-Stool-Uncaged-Ergonomics-Adjustable/dp/B00HCLJDSK

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/bizchair1/adjustable-height-active-sitting-plush-cushioned-wobble-stool-black-wsb-fs-unc-4.jpg

http://photo.foter.com/photos/pi/220/wobble-stool-by-uncaged-ergonomics-the-perfect-ergonomic-office-stool-for-active-sitting-sit-stand-standing-desks-bar-stool-breakfast-adjustable-saddle-task-chair-black.jpg

Bought a sit/stand stool for playing shorter gigs. I decided it would only be for shorter gigs after using it for 3+ hours last Saturday. While my hips feel better after using it, my butt does not. The On Stage DT8500 guitarist/keyboardist stool I've been using for the past 5 years doesn't adjust incrementally enough, and was damaging my left hip. Even so, I just ordered a new one of those from B&H for the very low price of $65, to have around for longer gigs.

This sit/stand "active seating" stool was $199 from Amazon.com. It's very cool, fully adjustable height-wise, 360 spin, and compact for transport. I suspect that $75 of the price is the uniqueness, since the materials aren't much different from a regular office chair you would get from Office Depot: hydraulic lift, heavy plastic base, bicycle-type seat instead of legs and pleather. I suspect I will keep it - gonna play some more gigs with it and see.

https://www.amazon.com/Wobble-Stool-Uncaged-Ergonomics-Adjustable/dp/B00HCLJDSK

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/bizchair1/adjustable-height-active-sitting-plush-cushioned-wobble-stool-black-wsb-fs-unc-4.jpg

http://photo.foter.com/photos/pi/220/wobble-stool-by-uncaged-ergonomics-the-perfect-ergonomic-office-stool-for-active-sitting-sit-stand-standing-desks-bar-stool-breakfast-adjustable-saddle-task-chair-black.jpg

is that bottom diagram showing how you'll fall over if you try to sit on it? i'm confused.

Oh and ER (post above), I want to hear you gargle ... I can't believe I'm the only one on this.

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

is that bottom diagram showing how you'll fall over if you try to sit on it? i'm confused.

It's great for after you've dropped the mic.

51tj72Lcw0L.jpg

A Yamaha MM6 for dirt cheap. My band leader doesn't have much faith in it as far as pro-sound quality goes, but at the very least I can use it for practice and not have to lug my Triton Extreme around to rehearsal. Good times!

Affiliations: Noble Vibes , Acme Recording Co., Firehouse Saloon

Gear: Triton Extreme, Casio WK-7600, Pro Tools 9, Mbox 2, Gemeinhardt flute

"insert quote by Bob Marley too long to post"

Recently picked up some Adam F7s and a Mackie Onyx 1220 for a total of $700 CAN. Slowly acquiring the pieces necessary for my home studio in September. *rubs hands excitedly*

Also, an '04 Mazda 6 Wagon. Pretty good deal, motivated seller. Couple hundred bucks needed to get it back up to shape but otherwise I'm very happy. I've already lugged a few different combinations of gear with great success. :2thu:

Left my drum throne at a gig in San Jose- 2 hours away. Rather than drive there I bought a QuikLok BZ-7 musician's seat. Built like a tank.

Oh and a Kronos 2 73 but I'm still waiting for that to be delivered.

1935 Mason & Hamlin Model A

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

I picked up a beat up Yamaha P140 on craigslist with some case damage and busted headphone out for $50. MIDI out works great, and now I have a 88 key weighted controller I can leave set up all the time in the studio. Sweet.

Also, an '04 Mazda 6 Wagon. Pretty good deal, motivated seller. Couple hundred bucks needed to get it back up to shape but otherwise I'm very happy. I've already lugged a few different combinations of gear with great success. :2thu:

Ah, I miss my '04 Mazda6 wagon. I routinely hauled a Leslie 122 on its back strapped to a stairclimber dolly, a Yamaha CP300 in a custom ATA case (loaded on its edge, down the right side, with the forward part lifted up on top of the little cargo net holder thing - went clear up to the back of the passenger seat), and a Nord Electro 2-73 in a Pelican 1750 case (first thing to load - you put it on the floor in the back seat before folding the rear seats down). Room left for the bench and a QuikLok WS550 with the legs going down the middle between the Leslie and CP300, and a 4U rack between the driver's seat and the Leslie. Like it was designed for it. Might have gotten ugly if I had ever been rear-ended - there wasn't really room for anything to go anywhere ;-)

The head gasket blew at ~240k miles and we sadly called it a day on that one. Now I'm rolling in one of these bad boys, but I have to admit the Mazda was a lot more fun to drive (when it wasn't loaded to the gills, anyway).

http://slorg.org/kc/2011-Ford-Transit-Connect-Wagon-XLT-3.jpg

Yamaha MOF6

I needed a light 61 note do all keyboard for rehearsals, and it's really morphed into something more. With the internal piano sounds and the Organimation B3 sounds (an amazing addition) it ably covers for my Nords when I'm too lazy to take one. Using the Lester K takes it up another notch.

I recently started gigging with a classic rock band - and having the synth and pad sounds has been tremendous.

Can't recommend this board enough.

This arrived today:

27662332884_084b487ef6_c.jpg

This is replacing my XK1, which I've posted elsewhere about the problems I've been having getting a simple repair done. I know it seems drastic to replace the entire board when the volume pot goes, but basically I've found that the XK1 is completely unsupported by Hammond any more. Really, really digging the XK1c, though, spent most of the day just playing it. Feels remarkably substantial for 16 pounds, great feeling, fast keyboard.

I'm still on the fence about running it through my Vent. On one hand, the Vent sounds like it has more depth and character than the internal sim, but the internal sim sounds very good, and it'd be an easier setup, and I could save different leslie setting to different patches.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow