Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Musicmesse

mul

I am going to to be at the musicmesse in Frankfurt next month for just two days. I have never been before and would like your recommendations for what to go to see?? Also if anyone is going ... Would anyone care for a meet up.? I don't know what to expected but I am super excited!!! I will be there on the 15 and 16 th. Cheers guys !!
Korg kronos, casio px5s, studiologic sl 88 studio, korg m50,korg triton, yamaha moxf6, hammond xk1, korg sp200

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please go and check out the DLQ Legend Organ and find out when it will be available for purchase. Listed to be at Hall 5 Ebene O Stand D34 at the fair. Company listed as Dietrolequinte di Elvio Previati. Also known as Keyb. Wish I could go!

From my experience with German folk , they speak better English than most of the English speaking word so I am not worried about that. I am gonna find the legend and have go just to do a review for here just cause yee lerned gents have advised it. Didn't realise it was bigger than namm so there must be loads to see. My mates were at namm this year and were artists for matchless Amps and they assured me it was fantastic. Cheers for the input guys.
Korg kronos, casio px5s, studiologic sl 88 studio, korg m50,korg triton, yamaha moxf6, hammond xk1, korg sp200

I wish I could go but I am banned from Germany ever since the lederhosen incident. :(

you are going to be banned from Ireland also once they learn you are mixing sour mix into whiskey :hitt:

Already banned from there, too. At least from The North. You know... The Troubles.

I've always wanted to go to Germany and to Musikmesse. How easy is it to get around at Musikmesse if you don't speak German? I had two years in high school. What I knew back then is long gone.

Language is no biggie but there´s only 1 month left until doors open and you´d have to book hotel rooms in Frankfurt area much earlier.

Not to forget to mention accommodation @ Messe-times is very expensive,- and don´t expect to find something very close to the Messe area.

A.C.

@dulchelabs- all that stuff from the troubles is forgiven and forgotten but with the whiskey man that shit will be taken to the grave!!!!!!!!!! Shame on you ..... Shame shame shame on you:-). Lol.

@alcoda- we have the accommodation already booked and sorted but thanks for the heads up!!!

Crumar/GSi will be there and "showing our newest products at the next Musik Messe in Frankfurt. Come visit us at Hall 5.1 (first floor) at booth C47"

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I'll also be there on 15th and 16th. I hope to see some people there from this forum.

58 Hammond B3, 74 Leslie 122, 64 Hammond, A100, 61 Leslie 45, Hammond XK-5 system, Hammond SX Pro, SKX Pro, MAG P-2, etc... owned many others...

I think you will be right but it must be very difficult to start and fund production of a new organ. Hope Elvio has the means to do it. What boggles my mind is that a company like Hammond Suzuki can't do what one man in Italy can and even when they come close they want $19,000. For there BP3! There are a lot of frustrated organ players that just want an organ that does not weigh 450 lbs and sounds, looks, feels, and plays like the original,

Now if they could just also make it smell like the original as well! I'm thinking maybe a candle that smells like a well oiled B3! LOL.

I've always wanted to go to Germany and to Musikmesse. How easy is it to get around at Musikmesse if you don't speak German? I had two years in high school. What I knew back then is long gone.

Language is no biggie but there´s only 1 month left until doors open and you´d have to book hotel rooms in Frankfurt area much earlier.

Not to forget to mention accommodation @ Messe-times is very expensive,- and don´t expect to find something very close to the Messe area.

Normally, I'd agree.

However, if someone is coming from the US, with the Euro to dollar ratio there's actually some affordable hotels available around the Messe area during the show - certainly more affordable than usual.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I was checking some of the better rated hotels and prices for the fair dates were around $400. A night. But with the stronger dollar to euro would sure be a great time to buy an organ from Italy!!

I recommend trivago.com because you can see better deals. Also many hotels are around the central station, and if you stay close to it, it doesn't take a long time for you to get to the messe. You can just take a train or a bus. It's easy.

If you can find less than $150 per night, it's a good deal. I saw some of them today, and some are close to the main station. If you don't care sharing a room, there are some hostels are available, and they are very cheap like $50 per night.

58 Hammond B3, 74 Leslie 122, 64 Hammond, A100, 61 Leslie 45, Hammond XK-5 system, Hammond SX Pro, SKX Pro, MAG P-2, etc... owned many others...

Also many hotels are around the central station, and if you stay close to it, it doesn't take you to get to the messe. You can just take a train or a bus. It's easy.

It's actually a pleasant short walk from the central station to the Messe fairgrounds....but it's also worth noting that train and bus rides are free with Messe passes.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Oops, I made a mistake, so I edited it. Anyway, sating at a hotel around the main station is very convenient. You can walk from those hotels (about 1 or 2 km). Or you can take a street train (Strassenbahn), a bus or a train from the main station. Some hotels which are listed on those websites are not close to the central station, so it's good to check the location before making a reservation.

Archived