Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RE:Booting up a Nord Electro 2 or Electro 2 Rack

TTOR

Have an Electro 2 Rack that was working perfectly, plugged in an old sustain pedal which I believed I could use to toggle rotor speeds and after it was plugged in and hit a couple of times, the Electro went blank, power still on and only had "EL" in the display. Unplugged the pedal, turned off the unit, and powered it up again, and now all I get in the power up is "EL", no version number, think I'm supposed to get an "rd" to verify the hardware is OK.....tried to use the hold buttons 1,3,5 and power up, all I get is either UD or something like Pc....can't find those error codes in the service manual...Any ideas?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, I am going to talk to Pablo Mastodon from the NORD Tech Support area...he was on his way back from NAMM so I am going to touch base tomorrow, I am sure he will be able to tell me what's wrong....thought maybe somebody had an idea tonight..have had it a few months, bought used, no problem, so this seems really strange....at least I know it is getting power, but no boot sequence so it's hard to know whether it is a hardware or software problem.

• 4 weeks later...
Bit the bullet, brought to a local repair shop, sort of found out what I had already surmised, that there was something flukey going on on the mainboard. Think Flash Ram Chips are the first culprit seeing they contain the OS and the sampled sounds, also on the mainboard are the USB and Midi connections which I was unable to communicate with my PC. Anyway, so after the diagnosis and possibly a large repair bill, I was directed by Pablo to check out a guy on EBAY selling used Electro/Electro2 motherboards using yours as a trade. Super nice guy, extremely knowledgable, went that route, super easy getting the old board out and the new board in and after all that I have a totally working Electro Rack 2 midied to a Studiologic VMK-161 Organ Plus which allowed me to program all the Electro's functions to sliders(drawbars) and various buttons. To those thinking about the Ocean Drawbars to control the electronic ones on the Electro, definitely check the VMK, you not only get manual control of the drawbars but a great organ action...Using it standalone or as a lower manual to my XK-3. Hope that helps any Electro/Electro2 users having problems booting their units.

Archived