Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil pc3k German-D-grand expansion

UnderGroundGr

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen,Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9,Osmose

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check again: explicitly NOT for the PC3.

It's a 128MB ROM, and the only expandable part of the PC3 is 64MB only (i.e. for Kore64).

For whatever reason, the 128MB on the PC3 is unusable for stuff like this. Pity.

-J

I make software noises.

I hope so, but i am not sure...

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen,Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9,Osmose

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Dave W was saying over at Cunka that there are some architectural differences between the PC3 and PC3K which mean that it won't be possible. He didn't elaborate as to whether it was a hardware or software issue though.

Cephid - Progressive Electro Rock

I wish that they could cut down the Artis sample to a 64Mb version that could fit in one of the PC3 slots. It was rumored that the triple strike version is 15Mb. So a 64Mb sample should still sound significantly better. As a reference point I think that the yamaha S90ES piano was around 53Mb.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I wish that they could cut down the Artis sample to a 64Mb version that could fit in one of the PC3 slots. It was rumored that the triple strike version is 15Mb. So a 64Mb should still sound significantly better. As a reference point I think that the yamaha S90ES piano was around 53Mb.

I think Dave W used to talk about how a company with relatively limited resources needed to prioritize, and this would be pretty niche-y... but for things like this, I'd like to see companies consider something like a kickstarter approach. If there are enough people willing to put their $ on the line for something, and the company can be assured of X sales from the start, maybe more of this kind of thing could be justified.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I received this email from a sore:

"Kurzweil have informed us that they have stock of this expansion ROM, so we could expect to receive stock in the UK within 6-8 weeks. They suggest that the RRP in the UK will be around the £319.00 mark"

Kurzweil PC3K8 - Nord WAVE - Roland VR760

Archived