Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Which Pre Amp should I ask for

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I've got some questions for you, TOO! ;) 1. What kind of music do you record? 2. What other equipment would you be with the preamp? 3. Will you be using this unit for voice (male or female?) or instruments (which)? 4. Do you know that the VT-737 SP is a single channel tube unit that includes a preamp, a compressor, and an EQ? I don't know as much about the STT-1, but I'm pretty sure that it uses solid state components, not tubes. Neither is necessarily better or worse, but they have different sounds. 5. Have you heard either of these units before? If not, can you get a return policy from your dealer? Hearing is believing. 6. Do you have a strong back? The Avalon is HEAVY! :)

[quote]Originally posted by 'rold: [b]I have the 737 and use it on practically everything...great sounding unit! I haven't heard the origin so can't really compare, but with the 737 - can't wait until I can afford a second one.. :) [/b][/quote] Rold: You can buy mine, if you want.

hey Dan - cool - you're online.. :) >>Rold: You can buy mine, if you want<< I wish I could - I just blew the last little xmas money I had on a DVD system for the family...dammmn does it ever beat stereo! How's everything treating you in NJ? Holidays good so far? Peace, Harold
meh

[quote][i]Originally [url=http://www.mil-media.com/origin.html]posted[/url] by Millennia Music & Media Systems:[/i] [b]Millennia Music & Media Systems STT-1 ORIGIN Recording System with Twin Topology[/b] The Origin STT-1 is a single channel (mono) music recording system offering a selection of vacuum tube — OR — solid state circuits at every function, including mic preamps, line inputs with gain, opto-compressor/limiters, parametric equalizers, DI Instrument input with gain, and opto-de-essers. Each function is available as pure Class A, all-discrete J-FET solid state topology — OR — pure Class A, all triode vacuum tube topology ....each topology selectable with the touch of a button. The Origin also offers a choice of transformer-coupled — OR — transformerless audio paths, all switch selectable.[/quote] Cool, eh?

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Archived