Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New for 2015 -- a revamped Ben Loy signature model

_Sweet Willie_

2015 brings us an update of interest?

A number of LDLers have been fans of the Fender BenLoy signature model. Apparently it's been revamped for this year. I wonder if Ben sanctioned these changes or if they're getting back at him for being sighted more often playing Bill Nash instruments.

Peace.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep.

I think some folks really liked the prior neck profile, so it's interesting that they made that change. Also, a bit ago they switched from a BadAss bridge to a Geddy signature "high mass" bridge.

And, Geddy plays various basses, so I don't know if it's more like his "#1" go-to bass now, or just one of the basses he favors.

Peace.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

The new version of the Geddy Lee bass is actually a closer representation of what appears to be his new primary bass. He played that one at Rush's induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

rush.jpg

Funny though, it looks like the Fender Custom Shop Geddy Lee model has been discontinued. Although the fact that it cost something like $5K may have deterred a lot of people from buying that particular bass.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

I also read somewhere that he finally had to replace the neck on his original '72 Jazz and that was when he went to the white blocks and binding.

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Archived