Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

I can't sit down at the PC without some tunes going, either from my MP3 library or a CD. I'd imagine a lot of you are the same way. So what's coming through the speakers right now where you're at? Or maybe a CD you've been listening to lately?

Playing right now is Joe Jackson's "Breaking Us In Two"

Lately I've been into anything of Tom Waits, but mainly Bone Machine, Mule Variations and The Heart of Saturday Night.

What about you?

Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was just listening to Chewy Marble, a band that I am recording here at my studio. Before that, Jet, and before that, some Nigerian funk from the '70s.

I usually keep it nice and quiet.. but the best thing I heard all day today was The Who's 5.1 mix of "Who Are You" from the "The Kids Are Alright DVD". Just awesome !! :)

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

Originally posted by Botch.:

Spyro Gyra's Greatest Hits

I hate you, Sir... :D Good music!

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Nothing at the moment...but just got done frappling with putting a little backwards guitar lick on one of my own tunes. Hard, because the lick has to be a certain way, but backwards, so I had to play the lick forwards and reverse it in CoolEdit Pro...then learn it backwards ...record it backwards and reverse it again...and then slide it around to get it to time up right (I can cheat if I want to). So, I guess you could say I've been listening to that tune a lot. :eek::freak:
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by djwayne:

I usually keep it nice and quiet.. but the best thing I heard all day today was The Who's 5.1 mix of "Who Are You" from the "The Kids Are Alright DVD". Just awesome !! :)

Doing some sound checks and have this "Who Are You" on "Repeat".....ya baby..this rocks...

Whoooooo Are You, Who Who, Who Who

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

Originally posted by daklander:

My wife and daugher bitch and yell at each other. :freak:

Isn't that a song by Randy Newman?
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

Originally posted by Jedro:

Isn't that a song by Randy Newman?
Yeah, the album is "Change of Life and Puberty Collide".

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

QUIT YORE damn braggin' you lucky bastard.

I guess you know how great you got it huh?

way to go man..

If yore really lucky she might nag at you little too. you lucky dawg..

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

Originally posted by skipclone 1:

I`m listening to myself cough-over and over. I`ve had the flu since Friday-haven`t been this sick in years.

you know it's s.a.r.s. you poor white devil. are your papers in order?LOLahahahaha!

I hod the flu as well, not too ling ago.

I took lots of vitamin C and took fever reducers and washed my sheets and bedclothes every day. I drank a lot of clear liquids when I had no fever and rested as much as possible.

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

I'm listenin to Adam Schiff - he he :D

Actually before that it was Bonnaroo 2002 DVD (Tennessee Music Festival) and Deepest End DVD (Live at the Saenger New Orleans 2003), Allman Bros DVD (Live at the Beacon 2003).

All different kinds of cool music on these along with one constant - Warren Haynes. Yep, turns out I'm doin a little study on him and his guitar playin and sangin.

Oh yeah - American Folk Blues Festival 1962-1966 DVD. Howlin Wolf, Hubert Sumlin, Sonny Boy, Willy Dixon and more... all alive and well and jammin their little blessed hearts out once again in my livin room ! :thu:

kylen

Archived