Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My new Casio PX5-S "attachment" ....

miden

For those interested PX5 owners here is my new self-build attachment for the PX5S, a laptop stand. I got the idea from the new Arturia 88.

It utilises the battery compartment mounts to attach, with a U-channel strip to connect under the plastic tabs at the front, and a modified U-Channel strip at the rear to slide over the locking screws. The laptop is a rather large - an old 15" unit I had lying around - just to show one in situ, however I am looking to buy a smaller 12" (or even 10.1) which will be even less obtrusive much like the iPad picture I just added.

16025441936_5b0746e974_m.jpg

16051213225_a7407be347_m.jpg

16051214645_fff5604c6e_m.jpg

15865463627_8b6605f594_m.jpg

15863935478_dd0feaba33_m.jpg

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is mine:

Yeah nice Mike, and good if you only wanted an ipad, and also a bit wobbly when touching the screen (I have found some of those flexy bars to be a bit too flexible), but still a nice unit.

Although mine cost nothing, just made it from bits lying around,and no damage to the PX5 ;-) (although I daresay you got yours as a "freebie" :D ) and it holds an ipad OR a laptop...I'm not that stand would accomodate a laptop though :D

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Actually the goose neck that comes with the Ultimate Support iPad holder is very stiff - almost too much. Yes, I had a spare battery compartment cover. ;)

Love your idea. Can you post some larger pics?

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Cool Mike...that's good to know re the Ultimate Holder having a stiff flexi-bar...that would make a big difference.

re size of pics...I went that small as it seems some folks get a bit annoyed when pics are too big :idk

re size of pics...I went that small as it seems some folks get a bit annoyed when pics are too big :idk

We get annoyed when someone posts something that's 2800 pixels wide (which is wider than most folks' native resolution; you could easily post something 720 wide like Mike did above and you'd be able to see all the details we'd need... not sure what's tough to grasp about the concept... :idk:

If the pictures too big (by mistake I'm sure) , I just hit the "Ctrl" and "-" buttons , fixes it in a second.

Brett

:facepalm:

Yeah, and the text gets smaller too. Are you dedicated to being the contrarian for everything I post, Brett? Just want to know, and I'll just go ahead and put you on ignore now... :snax:

If the pictures too big (by mistake I'm sure) , I just hit the "Ctrl" and "-" buttons , fixes it in a second.

Brett

:facepalm:

Yeah, and the text gets smaller too. Are you dedicated to being the contrarian for everything I post, Brett? Just want to know, and I'll just go ahead and put you on ignore now... :snax:

LOL, you did take a break, didn't you Sven? It's not you... :poke:;)

We get annoyed when someone posts something that's 2800 pixels wide (which is wider than most folks' native resolution; you could easily post something 720 wide like Mike did above and you'd be able to see all the details we'd need... not sure what's tough to grasp about the concept... :idk:

Yes, but Mike only has one pic, I have five...takes just a bit more space. Even your analytical brain can grasp that concept yes?

Re details, I can see the details rather clearly on a PC monitor, can't you? Unless of course you are trying to view on an iphone in which case the problem is yours.

Yes, but Mike only has one pic, I have five...takes just a bit more space. Even your analytical brain can grasp that concept yes?

Sigh. Looks like I'll be blocking an Aussie and a Kiwi today, but before I do, let me try to simplify this for you, Miden.

The average viewport width, especially on a text-based site such as this forum, is around 1400px. This results in the best legibility, line length before wrapping, etc.

So when you post an inline pic that is less than that width, everything is awesome (to quote The Lego Movie). The image sits nicely in amongst the text, and all is good. Make sense?

Now, if you post an image that is twice the width of the browser for the average user, it doesn't resize itself. Rather, it pushes beyond the boundary of the browser's viewport, like a sheep halfway down the gullet of an Anaconda. This does two things that are annoying/unpleasant:

1) It forces the user to scroll to the right to try and take in the whole image, or resort to resizing shortcuts or menu selections to make EVERYTHING smaller. The image, the text, the links, etc. Regardless of how simple it is for some, it is an annoyance for many.

2) It now causes all text in all posts on that same page to stretch out the same width as the image, making it difficult to read every other post above and below said image.

Re details, I can see the details rather clearly on a PC monitor, can't you? Unless of course you are trying to view on an iphone in which case the problem is yours.

The problem is not mine, regardless of the platform. I'm trying to point out the reality that the vast majority of forumites are faced with when an oversized image is posted, in an effort to help everyone. Someone else asked for you to post larger images for details, and then you posted that you were unclear why some folks (presumably referring to me, as I was the last person to bring the subject up here on the forum) had an issue with it. I merely tried to clarify, for your apparently less than analytical brain, so you'd understand.

Apparently that wasn't sufficient for you, as you pointed out.

Also, when you put hard returns between your images, as you did in your initial post, those images stack vertically, not horizontally, therefore you could have 50 images that were 720 pixels wide, and it wouldn't cause the problem I refer to above.

Part of me (the part that wrote this response) hopes this clears it up for you, another part of me (the part that's about to put you on ignore) doesn't give a damn. Have a wonderful day. :2thu:

Whatever man...you enjoy....well, whatever it is you enjoy. Difficult to tell from your posts. Although being self-righteous does seem to permeate.

PS: No I wasn't referring to you at all. Stop being so sensitive. If I was referring to you, it would be VERY clear :poke:

PPS: When I tried to put the pics in WITHOUT returns (IE one link, space, then another link etc) they didn't load at all, only the link data would display. Pasting a link then a return was the only way I could get the pics to show properly.

Miden,

Seriously, just do a quick resize to 640 wide. Most pic hosting software has the capability. I do it all the time, whether I have iPhone pic or good hi res pics from my Canon T5, I have to reduce when I post here or else I screw up the entire thread for 99% of readers :)

I don't think anyone minds scrolling DOWN thru many pics. It's having to readjust and scroll left and right to read all the posts in a topic with too wide pics that gets annoying.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Miden,

Seriously, just do a quick resize to 640 wide. Most pic hosting software has the capability. I do it all the time, whether I have iPhone pic or good hi res pics from my Canon T5, I have to reduce when I post here or else I screw up the entire thread for 99% of readers :)

I don't think anyone minds scrolling DOWN thru many pics. It's having to readjust and scroll left and right to read all the posts in a topic with too wide pics that gets annoying.

Righto, I will try that, thanks. I am using Flickr, so perhaps it is able to allow it.

Archived